Introduction & Current 05 Yukon XL Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WA7S0N

WA7S0N

Reaction score
OP
OP
WA7S0N

WA7S0N

Reaction score
I'm going to share my experience on the LED install, since this may help others searching the forum for answers...

As I mentioned in a previous post, adding the LED's caused my turn signals to flash super fast. Sure, you can wire in resistors, but I was looking for a more permanent and much cleaner install. I decided to replace the lighting control module... I've seen several people on here ask which one they should get, and on other forums ask where it goes... So here's all you need to know:

To fix hyper-flashing turn signals due to LED bulbs, you'll need the Novita LM487 Flasher module, found here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KS6GIG
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KS6GIG
Amazon is the cheapest place to find it as of this posting ($33.78)

View media item 26224
Here is the Novita module vs the GM module:

View media item 26225
View media item 26226
Make note of the side that has the 2 pins by themselves (K & E). Make sure that these are on the bottom when you insert the new module. You can easily see that this is how it goes by checking out the GM module's orientation upon removal, but just in case you didn't pay attention or forgot how it was installed, here's a reminder. ;)

Now the fun part, swapping them out.

Pull off the top dash trim around the cluster and radio.
Remove the two screws holding in the bottom dash trim, then pull off the bottom dash trim.

Here is the Lighting Control Module:
View media item 26227
It's a little difficult to remove due to the tight space you have to work in, but if you just keep working it back and forth, eventually it'll come out. The plastic shroud makes it easy to put the replacement in, as it has little tabs to guide the module in place... Just make sure you have the 2 pins on the bottom.

Replace the dash trim in the reverse order, unless you just want to leave it off... You're an adult, do what you want. ;)

You're done! Go for a drive and enjoy your turn signals flashing at normal speed.

(Before ordering the Novita LM487 Flasher module, make sure you have the 10 pin module on your vehicle)

I hope this helps someone.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I think it looks good. Very similar design as stock, except it's chrome. I actually have a similar tip, in chrome, on my work van.

OP
OP
WA7S0N

WA7S0N

Reaction score
Another Update:

I put on a 2-way remote start today and replaced the alternator (mine was loud because of bad bearings)... I also ordered those wheels.

Within the next week or so (whenever I find the time) all the following is getting done:

• Putting on GMC wheels and BFG KO2 tires
  • Replacing both Tie Rods (Inner & Outters)
  • Replacing the plugs and wires (Laser Iridium plugs and MSD wires)
  • Autoride delete and replace with Monroe Reflex shocks for a smooth ride
  • Replacing stock coil springs with Moog springs
  • Putting in new ignition lock cylinder (mine keeps locking up)
  • Replacing the missing IR wireless headphones for the RSE
  • Installing Pioneer AVH-X2800BS in-dash dvd player
  • Installing Backup Camera
  • Installing SiriusXM tuner (using the existing GM antenna)
  • Installing a Panavise custom phone mount on the dash
  • Installing custom in-dash USB port that will connect to Pioneer dvd player

I'm really looking forward to seeing this thing with the new wheels and tires on it...

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Sounds like you have things going on! I can't wait to see the USB and radio install. Remember, pics! Lol:waytogo:

OP
OP
WA7S0N

WA7S0N

Reaction score
Sounds like you have things going on! I can't wait to see the USB and radio install. Remember, pics! Lol:waytogo:
I'll try my best to remember to take them while I'm doing it lol. Just going to take a Dremel to the square cubby and put in a USB port. Then I'll run that to the stereo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons