Intermittent Cruise Control??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hurlz07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 07 Tahoe is having issues with the cruise control not working intermittently. I use my cruise control a lot so it is really annoying. For no reason at all the cruise won't set (yes I'm going above 25 mph). The light on the wheel for turning the cruise on lights up, but it won't set. And then for no reason at all, I try it a little while later and it sets just fine.

Anyone else experiencing this?

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brake light switch under the dash is going bad. Do a quick search here and on google and you will see threads and part numbers....takes about 5 minutes to replace.

cjweb11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Below is a thread link that discusses this issue. $10 part & 2 minute fix.
The thread has a link to amazon where you can buy the replacement
There is also a thread link on there that shows you under dash pic of what it is ur looking for.

I just had to do this a few weeks ago, no more than 2 min and a test drive and it was good to go

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47919

TTA579

Reaction score
I've got a similar problem. Going up the 5 (California) any time I'd hit a large enough bump the cruise would shut off. Sometimes doesn't want to re-engage.

OP
OP
Hurlz07Tahoe

Hurlz07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! Awesome. Thank you! I'm glad this sounds like something easy. I'll let y'all know if this does the trick.

Thanks again!!

joshuaryan

Reaction score
I have the same issue and just ordered my part today. Will report back if it fixes the issue.

TTA579

Reaction score
I ordered the part from Amazon for about $10. Local parts store wanted $20.

Installation was <5min as described.

The cruise control failure has not happened again.

Last edited:

yankeeman71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
break lights and cc

ive had same issues with the cc and break lights on right side not working replaced break light switch and cc still not working but break light on right side is working but turn signal lights in front and back only come on when activated anyone have any ideas?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive had same issues with the cc and break lights on right side not working replaced break light switch and cc still not working but break light on right side is working but turn signal lights in front and back only come on when activated anyone have any ideas?

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your brake lights. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne