Intermediate Stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StevenDey92

Reaction score
My 95 Chevy Tahoe just dies while driving it or even when it is just idling. There is never any guessing on when it will do it either. Usually is when there is no load on it or as soon as iblet of the gas pedal. Doesn't matter of the engine is warm or not. No check engine light or any stored codes pop up when this happens. It's just like someone took and just shut off the key, it just completely shuts off. Won't start as soon as it shuts off but will turn over. After about 10 seconds or so of sitting, she will fire right up like nothing hapened. I thought I got it fixed a few weeks ago. I didn't have one of the ECM grounds in a good spot. Moved the ground and she ran great and went 4 weeks without dying, and now she is doing it again. I know I am missing something, I just don't know what. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

mtl111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You state there are no trouble codes but are there any pending codes ? My Dad had a similiar issue with his 88' GMC . It would die the way you describe. We chased it for awhile and it turned out to be a bad pickup coil in the distributor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
StevenDey92

StevenDey92

Reaction score
You state there are no trouble codes but are there any pending codes ? My Dad had a similiar issue with his 88' GMC . It would die the way you describe. We chased it for awhile and it turned out to be a bad pickup coil in the distributor.

No codes at all. And the distributor is brand new. All the sensors under the hood are new. The engine is new.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtl111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you've replaced the distributor and sensors, more than likely those aren't the issue but never completely rule them out when trying to diagnose the problem. I've had several "new" parts that were defective over the years.
You said you had a bad ground to the ECM and after fixing it things were fine for awhile. I'd go back and check that and all your grounds. Intermittent problems suck, I'd rather have it completely break...it's alot easier to fix! Lol! Good luck man

OP
OP
StevenDey92

StevenDey92

Reaction score
Since you've replaced the distributor and sensors, more than likely those aren't the issue but never completely rule them out when trying to diagnose the problem. I've had several "new" parts that were defective over the years.
You said you had a bad ground to the ECM and after fixing it things were fine for awhile. I'd go back and check that and all your grounds. Intermittent problems suck, I'd rather have it completely break...it's alot easier to fix! Lol! Good luck man

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442