Interior Update 2002 to 2007+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigPhil

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2002 z71 Tahoe and I'm not very happy with the outdated interior. I know you are going to say just get a newer Tahoe, that's not the case I have too much money and sentimental value into mine and I would like to upgrade the dash to match that of the 2007+ models. I was wondering the cost and where might I would take my Tahoe to get it done. Thank you!

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have too much in it now and want to take it somewhere to get it done? I would just update to the 03+ dash and call it a day.

OP
OP
BigPhil

BigPhil

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No I wouldn't mind taking it somewhere. I have too much money in it to sell it is what I'm saying

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You would need to try to fit the door panels off an 07+ and that is even if the dash is the same width, I am guessing you will have several thousand into making it fit. I have seen OBS with newer dashes in them but can't remember where, I am sure they can be found with searching Google.

Harrison256

Reaction score
Prob like 6-9k+ if your going to pay someone. Depending if your talking about seats too etc could apply the +. So many countless little things to get working to make it all work properly just electronically. Not to mention even if the panels dont have to be cut, bondo, painted to fit you will have to drill new mounting points, friction clip attachments, wiring harnesses. There are probably few people that would be willing/able to do it for you.

If you were to spend months hunting pick-a-parts, ebay, and craigslist for all used parts, and then were to do all the labor yourself your looking at a lottt less. But probably a year long project if you have a full time job

I know its sentimental to you but if its sentimental just put it in a garage and then put that 5-7k towards a new one

If it was me I wouldn't mess with it no matter what the sentimental attachment but thats just because If something is sentimental to me I'd personally like to leave it in the form which gave me those memories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900