Interior swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbush

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. Sooo I messed up, I wanted black interior in my 01 Tahoe so I whipped out the rattle cans in my haste and ruined my door panels. So my question to you all is might there be a model with jet black interior that I could direct swap in replacement for my now hideous door panels

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never seen a gmt800 platform with black. Closest I've seen is the ss model Silverado but it has a charcoal grey colored interior.

gtrslngrchris

Reaction score
Clean up the door panels and buy proper vinyl paint and fix them. There's no straight black GMT800 interior but you can vinyl paint or dye it.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Imo, even proper prep to dye it black still looks terrible. Turns out really shiny, and it looks plasticy.

gtrslngrchris

Reaction score
Imo, even proper prep to dye it black still looks terrible. Turns out really shiny, and it looks plasticy.
I've seen it done well ONCE but like you said it was still very glossy looking but at least they got it all done evenly. I would vinyl paint it if you really want a color swap.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I've seen it done well ONCE but like you said it was still very glossy looking but at least they got it all done evenly. I would vinyl paint it if you really want a color swap.
Usually, it'll eventually start to flake, even if prepped correctly.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It thought some of the silverado ss had a black interior? Or close to it.

The SEM paint holds up pretty good. Did my lower dash in it. Doesn't look shiny at all

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@YukonXL04 , I had along time client with one. In fact he just traded in his 2004ss for a 2017 midnight edition crew cab. It was black exterior, but the interior was a dark charcoal colored gray leather, but not black. And the cloth versions are a lighter gray.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SEM Solve, SEM Prep, SEm Color...thats been excellent for me in the past. Just like car paint, a good wetsand will yield uniform results and cleaner overall look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01