Interior paint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
I bought a double din dash from @Tonyrodz that I need to repaint, and I also have the classic NBS interior paint flaking and I want to repaint everything, but still keep the texture. Any how-tos?

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta go dig thru Red Rockets build thread. He pulled his dash out, prepped and use SEM paint and the dash looks good as new. He had the same peeling problem, but took the bull by the horns and made it nice. Sorry not sure what page, but have a look thru his thread for more info or hit him up direct.

OP
OP
MadDogDelpho

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
Appreciate it. It's page 5 of Red's build, but he didn't provide much detail.

Mighty02tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking to repaint some dash pieces. Anyone have pictures of pieces without the texture? Or a thread and page number?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did my regal steering wheel and air bag a bunch of years ago, still holding up well. used SEM paint. cleaning and prep is key to it sticking and lasting, i touch the wheel all time, nothing has come off yet.

wheel after 2.jpg

i just did this gauge pod last week or so ago, used duplicolor plastic and fabric paint. once again, prep is key, i scrubbed this pod with hot soapy water and a 3m scotch pad. then wiped it down with rubbing alcohol, after that last wipe dont touch it bare handed. the oil from your fingers will make the paint not stick on right.

i also taped a old shoe string inside the pod in a way the lace didnt touch anything painted when hung up to dry between coats and then left over night to dry fully.

001.jpg

038.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14