Insurance for our trucks/cars in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No you don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do. I used to go to the show in tunica and we always went to Memphis and the wife and I started there a few nights in our southern tour a few years back. I called you while we were there but you never called me back.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why on earth would anyone waste all that money on full coverage insurance for a vehicle that is 12-18 years olds? Do you realize how much $$ that adds up to over the course of 5 years? I just get the liability required by law along with comprehensive and use the saved money to repair the vehicles. I could see if it was a 3yr old vehicle or if required because of a bank loan but if you have to get a loan on a 12yr old + vehicle then you have bigger financial problems.

Puckrobber

Reaction score
I pay around $220 a month for full coverage on the '02 Tahoe, '16 Jetta & wife's '08 Camry, plus renter's coverage. Been with USAA for 28 years.

4motion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I pay 140 a month for three vehicles all, 05 Tahoe, 95 Mercedes S Class and 96 VW Passat. All of them full coverage. I live in Utah

kablooie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
everyone saying "full coverage"... i bet most people couldnt even recite what their "full coverage" is. most probably dont even have as much coverage as they think they do using the term "full coverage" for example:
comp/collision, rental car allowance, rental car reimbursement, umpd, glass repair, OE parts only, gap, stated value, etc. has anyone looked to see what your actual policy does NOT cover?

original poster: your rate is significantly dependent upon several main factors: your policy limits, your deductible amount, your driving records, who lives in your household, etc.

and the old "you get what you pay for" analogy is key.... i cant tell you how many times i heard body shops complain about the cut rate carriers (think: mercury, esurance, geico, progressive). there is no perfect insurance carrier either, at some point you will not get what you think you deserve and get pissed and switch carriers. either because of a claim or because your rates increase due to no fault of your own.

if you want advice on how to effectively and properly protect you and your assets PM me.

cheers.

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
everyone saying "full coverage"... i bet most people couldnt even recite what their "full coverage" is. most probably dont even have as much coverage as they think they do using the term "full coverage" for example:
comp/collision, rental car allowance, rental car reimbursement, umpd, glass repair, OE parts only, gap, stated value, etc. has anyone looked to see what your actual policy does NOT cover?

original poster: your rate is significantly dependent upon several main factors: your policy limits, your deductible amount, your driving records, who lives in your household, etc.

and the old "you get what you pay for" analogy is key.... i cant tell you how many times i heard body shops complain about the cut rate carriers (think: mercury, esurance, geico, progressive). there is no perfect insurance carrier either, at some point you will not get what you think you deserve and get pissed and switch carriers. either because of a claim or because your rates increase due to no fault of your own.

if you want advice on how to effectively and properly protect you and your assets PM me.

cheers.

i got the legal minimum with comprehensive coverage in NYS. ill keep it funky all the way. having a car in NYC is considered a luxury and we pay for it. my record is clean, ive been driving for over 12 years. no accidents. only parking tickets. my credit is 730. i am cleared to and currently work for the city. i drive municipal vehicles. nobody else in my house has a license. the fact its seen as a luxury here and neighboring zipcodes can vary so differently because of auto crime and w.e. else they use to dictate the rates is why i ask. im trying to lower my bills. i would prefer something mid level if it was reasonable. end of the day its a old truck and im not claiming shit unless its something crazy or an accident. trying to save a few bucks if i could man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts