Instrument Panel and AC control lights not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

denalimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

From one day to the next, my dash lights stopped working including the AC lights. Everything else works including the (P R N D 1) lights. Well, those seem more dim then when I bought the truck but they still work. I checked a fuse called IPC/DIC and also read up to check the "ILLUM" fuse but I can't find that one. In any case, It seems like I need to replace the Headlight Dimmer Switch pictured below. I guess I am trying to see if anyone else had this issue and indeed it was this switch. I have 2 05 yukons. One SLE and one Denali so I figured I can swap it out to test it before I actually buy a new one.

Also, on the Denali, when we try to use the blinker to the right and only to the right, the highbeams engage and disengage after the turn signal "unclicks". I have to lightly move the blinker and keep my hand there so it doesn't do this but my wife doesn't care when she drives it. (which drives me nuts!) Do I need to change out the whole "turn signal"?

edit, not allowing me to add picture of dimmer switch.

OP
OP
denalimike

denalimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, Embarrassing. I just saw a couple videos on how to remove the dash trim and am surprised how easy it is.

Still thoughts on if I may have missed a fuse and also on the turn signal switch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe1844