Instrument Cluster lights are out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikesid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
While I'm redoing my dash I figure I should address this long standing issue. I had all the lights on my instrument cluster/panel go out a while back....all the gauges still work and I checked the fuse and it's not blown...I did replace the fuse but nothing helped....I don't think every light would go out at once so didn't try replacing them all....is there something I'm missing?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bulbs are rather cheap, try one and see if it helps. or check them for continuity. Thats free with a meter.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
you are missing the year of your vehicle that you are suppose to post so i can look up the diagram for you.

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

bulbs are rather cheap, try one and see if it helps. or check them for continuity. Thats free with a meter.

but the meter isn't.:)

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
and how is the illumination fuse #14?

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

what about the lights on the radio or hvac control head?

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

or headlight switch?

OP
OP
M

mikesid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Crazy thing happened...I took off my dash surround to paint it....when I got in the hoe to go out to the store I turned on the lights and the dash lit up and ac lights were working again...don't know what happened?? In. Morning when I started my truck the dash lights came on again but the were dim and were 'pulsing' dimly...after about 30-45 seconds they worked fine again...what can be causing this issue?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
assuming the dimming of othe dash lights are normal you may have a dirty ip cluster connector. remove the cluster and inspect them.

OP
OP
M

mikesid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
assuming the dimming of othe dash lights are normal you may have a dirty ip cluster connector. remove the cluster and inspect them.
I'm not sure exactly what the ip cluster is? Can you be more specific, I'm kind of a noob..I took of the light switch with dimmer and plugged it back in..can you also instruct the proper way to inspect and clean the ip cluster? Thanks a million...

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
the instrument gauge panel. remove by unsnapping the dash bezel the remove the screws that hold the display in place when you pull it out you will see the connectors.

Attachments

• gmt400 instument cluster removal.pdf
    330 KB · Views: 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17

Latest posts