Instrument Cluster Issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's supposedly in the cluster. When you get a rebuilt cluster they have you fill out a mileage statement so they can program the mileage in it. If you get a cluster out of a wrecked car, it will show the mileage of that car.

OP
OP
Sara Moss

Sara Moss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's supposedly in the cluster. When you get a rebuilt cluster they have you fill out a mileage statement so they can program the mileage in it. If you get a cluster out of a wrecked car, it will show the mileage of that car.
But they wouldn't be able to just rebuild it to the mileage I claim it is with no proof, right? They'd have to have some sort of proof.

mbp1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But they wouldn't be able to just rebuild it to the mileage I claim it is with no proof, right? They'd have to have some sort of proof.

I just got a escalade cluster and filled out a simple form just stating my name email make and model with vin # and signed and dated and new cluster came with correct miles plug and play pretty simple process.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Do a search on Google maps for "speedometer". You may have a local shop that can reprogram it for you. Also search Craigslist for "cluster". The clusters in these trucks had enough problems that repair service is quite common. Guys by me post CL ads for it daily and do it less than an hour while your wait.

OP
OP
Sara Moss

Sara Moss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All of these services say 2003-up. Why do they not list 2002-down?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you go to https://www.fixmygauges.com/ and go to their EBay store it lists more options. I'd call them to see if they will just reprogram it or if they will only sell you a remanufactured one for yours. You could always use this time to upgrade your cluster to an Escalade or different face and needles. I do know they program older ones, I bought an '02 Escalade one for my Denali, programmed to my mileage. I returned it though, I liked my Denali one better. As far as proof, no proof needed, just a signed disclosure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts