Instructions to remove trim from B-pillar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any instructions to remove the interior trim from the B pillars. Specifically I'm tracking down a rattle that appears to be behind the driver seat belt on the b-pillar. It sounds like metal on metal very small when I hit bumps or rough pavement with every bounce.

I have put pressure on the seat belt, the trim on top of the door, the outside black pieces, basically everything I've read about and nothing stops it. I can actually put my ear almost directly on the panel while I'm driving so I'm pretty sure it's behind there.

If any body knows how to get back there I'd appreciate any insight. I'd take it to the dealer but I'm afraid it will come back worse than it is now.

Thanks.
~DW

mbp1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The b-pillar is all held in with clips just remove the bottom door sills front and back and it all just unclips pretty simple.

OP
OP
DWTahoe

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay I just didn't want to start pulling in case i missed something. Sometimes you have to pull a lot harder than you think you should need to...then it's too late. I was looking for a manual or something that showed the location of the clips but that search didn't turn up anything for me either.

Thanks.

Numbnuts3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay I just didn't want to start pulling in case i missed something. Sometimes you have to pull a lot harder than you think you should need to...then it's too late. I was looking for a manual or something that showed the location of the clips but that search didn't turn up anything for me either.

Thanks.

If you get around to doing this, some pictures of where everything is would really be appreciated. I've been having the same rattle that has been going on in that same exact location. I'd be willing to take my pillar apart if I knew that I could fix something behind it. Let me know what you find out! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
If you get around to doing this, some pictures of where everything is would really be appreciated. I've been having the same rattle that has been going on in that same exact location. I'd be willing to take my pillar apart if I knew that I could fix something behind it. Let me know what you find out! Thanks.

Anyone get this resolved? I'm having the same issue... it's at the dealer now and they heard it initially when riding with me but now that they have it the tech says he can't hear it.
Seems to me it's the belt adjuster or how it's mounted but curious if any of you resolved this.

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got same issue but from the C pillar...sounds like a slight pop over bumps or whenever the body stresses. Interested to see what you uncover..

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
I've got same issue but from the C pillar...sounds like a slight pop over bumps or whenever the body stresses. Interested to see what you uncover..

Mine is a slight constant rattle but right by me head. I truly believe something behind the belt adjuster came lose or a tensioner spring or something came lose and is rattling in that pillar. I emphasized to the dealer today to remove the pillar and have a look physically. The passenger side doesn't rattle and the adjuster is tighter like its has more tension on it where the drivers side seems more lose like whatever was putting tension on it broke or something.

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
Quick update. Dealer completely replaced my drivers B-pillar. No more rattle.

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
Quick update. Dealer completely replaced my drivers B-pillar. No more rattle.

Well the rattle was still there. Talked with the dealer about it again and they had the vehicle for two days today total and have it resolved.

Turns out it was a loose retractor bracket. They removed and resecured the bracket and it's been quiet now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh