Installing your LED Tails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TailHook

Tattooed Millionaire
Reaction score
These tails are probably my favorite exterior mod on my truck...

...most replacements are so cheesy looking, like they belong on a 16 year old's ricer...these are more like OEM.

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
These tails are probably my favorite exterior mod on my truck...

...most replacements are so cheesy looking, like they belong on a 16 year old's ricer...these are more like OEM.

I just put them on my Tahoe tonight. They look awesome! I can not believe how much brighter than stock tails they are, and I even bought the smoked ones! I can't wait to see them in the daylight tomorrow.

TailHook

Tattooed Millionaire
Reaction score
I just put them on my Tahoe tonight. They look awesome! I can not believe how much brighter than stock tails they are, and I even bought the smoked ones! I can't wait to see them in the daylight tomorrow.

Mine are smoked as well and they are very bright in the daytime, too...

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a question for you guys w/ these led tails as in the first post from a year ago. Just noticed today that on my Drivers tail light, how the leds are 4 across and 3 down. Well on the very edge towards the drivers the 3 row going down went completly out? Not one or two, the whole row. So now looking at it from i only have 3 across and 3 down. They are only less than a year old, is this common w/ these. Kind of bothers me..

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tast, maybe you would know why, i went out again tonite and they were on when i unlocked it, then started to move it to driveway, go back look off. Hit the light a little and they come on, but will flicker, Does that mean they are going out? New to led, lighting so i have no idea. just thought they were suppose to last. ( i know they are cheap a/m, but)

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LED's usually work or go out, not intermittent! I'd say it's a connection in the housing that's your problem!

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LED's usually work or go out, not intermittent! I'd say it's a connection in the housing that's your problem!

maybe it came loose? Guess i may try to check it out this weekend. Thanks

Dvldogyut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't remember his name off the top of my head, but on TF.com he had a little wiring diagram to have both the blinker and brake light to work in unison like the esky lights) Hopefully he'll join up and chime in.

Might have to fool with figuring this out.. I like that look.

Ever figure this one out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts