Installing sunroof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
guys im here for an honest opinion i have a ex ppv tahoe that i frkn love ive spent on it more than you guys would imagine its fully converted to an ltz lol so i have a really close friend that works in a gm dealership in my area and we were chatting and I told him howmuch i love sunroofs but was too poor at the time to afford an ltz the guy goes like i can install a sunroof for you for about 900bucks with 5 year warranty 900 including labour and parts, what do you guys think should i go for it ? Please not looking to sell mine and buy another one,
Honest opinions please ☺️

I put an aftermarket sunroof on my 03 Silverado SS and regret doing it and sold the truck right after. I don't recall what brand it was but after 30mph you could hear the wind noise and if you tryed closing it at speeds over 20mph it would not seal correctly and the noise got even worst. Thats my experiance with aftermarket sunroofs, besides it will never look as a oem sunroof.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mr tahoe

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure man i mean its still a dealership job and 5 years guarantee

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to work in an accessory shop. We destroyed (I mean install) many many roofs. It was pathetic. 80% of them came back leaking. The company eventually went out of business.

Even my Dodge Charger with the factory sun roof leaks.

ezstriper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its like anything else, you get what you pay for...I owned a specialty shop for years and installed 100's of sunroofs, If you use a quality unit, and install correctly in something that accepts it you will be fine. the only thing different will be the small trim ring around the edge of the roof. I would try to see what their work looks like, the $900 seems a bit cheap, we charged more than that in 1990.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu