Installing sunroof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guys im here for an honest opinion i have a ex ppv tahoe that i frkn love ive spent on it more than you guys would imagine its fully converted to an ltz lol so i have a really close friend that works in a gm dealership in my area and we were chatting and I told him howmuch i love sunroofs but was too poor at the time to afford an ltz the guy goes like i can install a sunroof for you for about 900bucks with 5 year warranty 900 including labour and parts, what do you guys think should i go for it ? Please not looking to sell mine and buy another one,
Honest opinions please ☺️

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I would give you mine out of my LTZ if I could.... I am not a big fan of them... it is just a potential spot for a leak IMHO.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on how bad you want it.
Me? I could take a factory sunroof or leave it, so I'd never ADD one after the fact, even for as little as $500, because it's not worth my money and I'd probably worry about some type of failure on an aftermarket one.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Webasto 'roofs. In a past life, I worked for a shop that installed them, vinyl tops, convertible tops, leather interior conversions, flip-down TV systems, etc. Supposedly, Webasto supplies the 'roofs to auto manufacturers as OEM equipment and they modified those designs to have a universal fitment to be installed in the aftermarket. In 2003, about two years after I left that job, I had them install one in my S10 and it performed flawlessly at least up until I sold that truck more than a year ago. I rarely drove that truck with it closed. I'm sure it's still fine because the current owner hasn't mentioned anything about it. I paid around $800-$850 for it in a cash deal and it included the shade and one-touch control option. I think those are now standard features.

My personal belief is that the leaking sunroof mentality comes from the old days when aftermarket and even OEM roofs weren't as advanced. Also, no matter how good the 'roof is, the installation has to be on point. The place I worked at had a lot, if not most of their jobs from outfitting new cars at dealerships so they had a standard and reputation to maintain.

OP
OP
mr tahoe

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And it being a dealership makes me want it even more i really love sunroofs whenever i hop in my brothers truck i just sit there and admire that damn sunroof lol