Installed Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
badandyturbo

badandyturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Horsepower Sales is still around? Used to buy parts from the store in Fort Lauderdale back in the 1980s then they closed or moved. Where are they now?

Glad everything is working out. Now its time to head to Moroso, um, Palm Beach International Raceway and see how much rear wheel horsepower it is making. I'd like to run mine too; haven't made a pass down that track since... hmm... can't remember but Bill Clinton was in his first term.

Yes they moved a couple years ago to Riviera Beach. They are over by St. Mary's hospital.

I'm down to run at the track. Just let me know when.

Kyle Pezzetti

Reaction score
Did your truck already have only one down stream o2 or did you have two

Last edited:

Kyle Pezzetti

Reaction score
OK wasn't sure how these worked for it since from the pictures it inky has a bung athe the y. Would that matter if the down stream o2 gets turned off with a tune

OP
OP
badandyturbo

badandyturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct. Our trucks have one pre and post cat on each side for a total of 4 sensors. There is a bung in the new headers for all 4 to be put back in. I only replaced the pre cat sensors and plugged the other two holes with the supplied plugs.

Kyle Pezzetti

Reaction score
Correct. Our trucks have one pre and post cat on each side for a total of 4 sensors. There is a bung in the new headers for all 4 to be put back in. I only replaced the pre cat sensors and plugged the other two holes with the supplied plugs.

Perfect thank you

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad to hear everything went on smooth!
someone mentioned the flange connections - the 1-7/8 speed engineering long tubes/ypipe i have came with slip connections and clamps that dont work to seal up hardly at all. i tried to get better hardware to really crank down the clamps, it barely helped. Then i swapped them all over for the band style clamps which was better, but still had a few leaks that annoyed me. I just ripped mine back off tonight to have vband connections installed at each header collector and have the ypipe welded up solid back to the cat back. moral of the story... I would have rather of had the 2/3 bolt connections to begin with! a little more bulky but would have sealed up nice.

how's yours for noise? i'm trying to stuff a small resonator back in where the 3rd cat was to take the edge off of mine. mine doesnt drone or anything but it gets pretty loud just running up through the gears normal driving

and I am usually out at pbir for test and tune friday nights, I will usually run my truck if ive made any changes (none lately) sometimes just go to hang out

Last edited:

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the only down side to the speed engineering exhaust. They use really bad clamps.
A little trick you could try is to wrap some foil around the inside of the clamp, like a gasket. Make it a few layers thick.

I've been debating v-bands. I have a few extra sets of the some nice ss 3 bolt flanges from my 2dr build left over. May just use those for the exhaust and use v-bands for the header flange. I already have one v-band welded up on one cat.

Do you have cats?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne