Installed Corsa Sport - 2018 Yukon Denali *video*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corsa's do sound great, I've had their systems on previous vehicles. The only thing I can't quite understand is they their exhaust system for the Yukon Denali is a 3" Mandrel Bent system when the majority of the pipe for the OEM exhaust system on the Yukon Denali with the 6.2 is 3 - 1/2"?

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ most is 3.5" for OEM.
an exhaust is only as good & truly as large as the smallest bend

so a mandrel 3" is typically always better than a OEM 3.5

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ most is 3.5" for OEM.
an exhaust is only as good & truly as large as the smallest bend

so a mandrel 3" is typically always better than a OEM 3.5

I certainly understand that and agree. However, GM obviously spec’d a 3” system for the 5.3’s and a 3.5” for the 6.2’s for a reason. It would have been significantly cheaper from a manufacturing stand point to use 3” on both platforms. Same reason why the “flapper valve” is the 3” section on the 6.2’s (it’s the same on the 5.3’s).

That being said if the OEM’s intent was to have a 3.5” exhaust system why would the aftermarket develop a 3” mandrel bent?

The Corsa system for the 6.2 Silverado/Sierra is 3.5”...

Demer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can the 3.5" Corsa for the Sierra fit on a Yukon XL? Anyone tried it?

leroy712

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I added a Corsa Sport exhaust on my 5.3 Tahoe and I love it. Perfect balance of mean when it needs to be and tame the rest of the time. Love that there is no drone what so ever.

thirdcoast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess I am just an oddball, because I installed a Corsa Sport on my new Tahoe and do not like it at all.

Fit & finish is superb, but the sound is too loud for me. Drone is terrible in V4 mode.. NOT Acceptable as this is my daily driver..

I am going to keep the Corsa pipe, but go with a different muffler to quiet it down. This will hopefully add back some back pressure which is completely lost with the Corsa Sport. I do not like the loss of bottom end caused by no back pressure..

Fortunately, I have a great exhaust system installer/dealer who solved the problem for my 2009 Tahoe 6.2.. hoping for the same great sound with the new muffler.. but if not, off it comes..

I will have a Corsa Sport muffler for sale in the next week or so. I also have a FedEx account and can ship.,,. don't know what they are worth, so if interested make me an offer via PM ONLY..

Thanks,

Thirdcoast

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never noticed any drone issues with V4 mode but then again turned off V4 mode not long after getting the Corsa Sport exhaust installed. I personally love the sound of it and love it even more on a cold startup. I wish I could have it sound like it does at a cold start up all the time in fact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts