Installed a New Driver Info Center Same Day (the parts arrived).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the dash trim and switch arrived today, Of course I had to install the Driver Information Center in the dashboard... right away, right? (or as some here like to say, "stick the DIC in 'da Hoe' right away')

The trim panel looked new, no scratches etc, BUT someone had been messing with it before, it came in 3 parts, the 'welded' studs were ground down and the three parts came as.. well three parts. I used a few dabs of epoxy, to make it one piece again, installed the switch... and after that it was indeed a 10 min job, even with the sun just setting and it getting darker. (anyone else likes that dash board light thing? I believe there's even a song about that).

Anyway, I like it, it is way easier to see the stats and the options, things like fuel usage, tire pressure, and an easy to use trip odometer (and a lot more) ... nice!! (still no FOB programming though, but I have two of them now)

Ron

IMG_20171208_172705584.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu