Installed a New Driver Info Center Next Day. LOVE IT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all of the previous DIC posters. Hoping the posted info was correct, I ordered the switch, and panel from my local Chevy dealer yesterday afternoon, and got a call at 8:15 this morning it was in. Just installed it a few minutes ago, and it took less than 10 minutes, and works GREAT! Easy to figure out having the new panel on hand what to do with the clips. Just popped the left clip out, and then using a credit card released the 6 clips to the right of the vents, and popped the last one out. Sure enough the plug was right there so I test the switch, which worked. Then snapped it into the trim panel, jiggled it around to get it lined up, and snapped everything right back into place. My old panel was scratched so this was an awesome upgrade, that was simple to do, and cost $173.18 plus tax.
IMG_2703.JPG

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all of the previous DIC posters. Hoping the posted info was correct, I ordered the switch, and panel from my local Chevy dealer yesterday afternoon, and got a call at 8:15 this morning it was in. Just installed it a few minutes ago, and it took less than 10 minutes, and works GREAT! Easy to figure out having the new panel on hand what to do with the clips. Just popped the left clip out, and then using a credit card released the 6 clips to the right of the vents, and popped the last one out. Sure enough the plug was right there so I test the switch, which worked. Then snapped it into the trim panel, jiggled it around to get it lined up, and snapped everything right back into place. My old panel was scratched so this was an awesome upgrade, that was simple to do, and cost $173.18 plus tax.
View attachment 188339

Nice!! my new panel and switch are supposed t be here tomorrow. Same problem/issue, one in there has a few scratches and the color looks a bit dull.

OP
OP
Lightning 95

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_2702.JPG I wished this could have been a dealer installed option 10 years ago after driving my 08 LS Silverado with only the odometer button. I'm guessing it was the same setup as the PPV. BTW if you want to save some money, the trim piece is 3 separate pieces, and it would be super easy to just get the little left hand piece off of a junk panel, and fit it back on. It is just 2 small plastic tack welds.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lightning 95

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting the DIC on my 13 ppv I was able to get the total fuel used in addition to total hours.
74344 miles
9990 hours=7.44 MPH avg.
9040 gallons=8.22 MPG avg.
I should be able get the average speed up for sure, but probably not the fuel.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting the DIC on my 13 ppv I was able to get the total fuel used in addition to total hours.
74344 miles
9990 hours=7.44 MPH avg.
9040 gallons=8.22 MPG avg.
I should be able get the average speed up for sure, but probably not the fuel.

I noticed that too... plus it shows the pressure for each indvidual tire, which is handy.

Mine has:
72,230 miles
4,990 gallons of fuel
2579 hours running (I expected more hours on it.)

OP
OP
Lightning 95

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After installing the dic, I've been able to improve my MPG quite a bit by being more conscious, because I'm able to monitor my average MPG now. I don't always need to be in a hurry to get someplace early, which I usually am anyway!

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it too, there is one info item: "INST ECON V8" and I have no idea what that is, and it says 0

Anyone know what it is?

OP
OP
Lightning 95

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it too, there is one info item: "INST ECON V8" and I have no idea what that is, and it says 0

Anyone know what it is?
Mine only says zero when I'm not moving, otherwise it is reading different mpg all the time based on throttle position, and engine load. I'm guessing if you still had AFM it would also toggle between V8 and V4.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Anyone know what it is?
I haven't investigated it on the Tahoe, someone here can probably confirm. But a lot of manufacturers associate something like this with injector duty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505