Injector Suggestions - 6.2 L TVS1900 @ 8 to 10 lbs.

Injectors for TVS1900'd 6.2L @ 8-10 lbs boost...

• Magnuson "Pinks" will suffice

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Factory L94 6.2L E85 Injectors can handle

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • LS9 Injectors

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FamilyTruckster

Awesome Dude McChainsaw
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2012 Yukon Denali - Magnuson TVS1900 @ 5ish lbs. - Factory E85 Fuel Pump - Daily Driver - Considering LS9 (Delco 41-104) Plugs @ .040 gap (if that matters or is considered).

Looking for injector suggestions when stepping up from 5.5 - 6 lbs. (stock Magnuson boost and injectors setup). Reliability and cost (obviously) are the main factors as well as sufficiency. For starters, how many pounds would support this setup? Then... which ones to go with?

- Currently sporting the stock Magnuson injectors (Pink - 0280156030 "SRT4 Stage 0" Injectors 527cc and 50 lbs @ 4bar? - from what i've read/researched). Was told these are fairly maxed out when pushing 6 lbs. boost.

- Saved, cleaned & stored my factory/stock E85 Injectors. Was told by SCOL these would be sufficient to up around 8 lbs. boost? But no more than that...?

- Looking into LS9 Injectors (makes sense on account of similar setup of engine disp, blower @ boost). However, I just started reading some stuff about their spray pattern being angled specifically for the LS9/LSA and would possibly cause drivability issues @ anything other than WOT????

As always, any and all help, information and suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Pic For Attention:
4.jpg

OP
OP
FamilyTruckster

FamilyTruckster

Awesome Dude McChainsaw
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JennaBear any suggestions?? Can someone help me tag her in this? Not sure how to do it via mobile....

OP
OP
FamilyTruckster

FamilyTruckster

Awesome Dude McChainsaw
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! Hmm... seems then that they would work fine right out of the box for my application eh...
Your buddy have any issues with drivability or trouble tuning?
I need to study up more on this angled spray pattern concern...
Most appealing couple things about the LS9 squirters to me - readily available, defined and easy to find part number by a quality brand... and seems most sources are selling them at a price that won't destroy my wallet... I just need to make positive/sure it's the proper part for my setup.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was running ID1000s on my Yukon pushing ~11lbs of boost. Might have them laying around still, otherwise we do sell them brand new.

OP
OP
FamilyTruckster

FamilyTruckster

Awesome Dude McChainsaw
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was running ID1000s on my Yukon pushing ~11lbs of boost. Might have them laying around still, otherwise we do sell them brand new.
You're incredible! Please let me know ((313) 995-7482) if you come across them, and i will more than gladly take them off your hands! Thank you!

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Actually, the ID1000s would be overkill unless you were running full E85.

Your stock injectors are larger than those Maggie ones. The OEMs are good to ~9.5-10psi at 6k RPM. The LS9s would be more than enough as well.

Sent from my fone.

OP
OP
FamilyTruckster

FamilyTruckster

Awesome Dude McChainsaw
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, the ID1000s would be overkill unless you were running full E85.

Your stock injectors are larger than those Maggie ones. The OEMs are good to ~9.5-10psi at 6k RPM. The LS9s would be more than enough as well.

Sent from my fone.
would the LS9s work properly / optimally though? I've been reading that they have a particular/specific spray pattern for the LSA/LS9 engines???
If those ID1000s would allow me to run E85 when wanted or needed, I'm cool with that... and would still be interested in taking them off your hands etc etc.

OP
OP
FamilyTruckster

FamilyTruckster

Awesome Dude McChainsaw
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And of course, thanks again for helping me out with this, as always, you guys are friggin awesome and I really appreciate it!

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The LS9s wouldn't be a problem at all.

I asked Justin about the injectors, looks like they are likely already sold to somebody else but if you email the guys, they can put you on a "standby" list. Keep in mind, the ID1000s are a much more expensive option than your stockers or the LS9s....