Increasing key fob range?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Denali2k8

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting TERRIBLE range, even under the chin. I wanna say 20 yards max, with clear line of sight. Could the aftermarket remote just be "weak"? It has a new battery.

I'm willing to extend and antenna if I knew where it was lol

Smrtss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting TERRIBLE range, even under the chin. I wanna say 20 yards max, with clear line of sight. Could the aftermarket remote just be "weak"? It has a new battery.

I'm willing to extend and antenna if I knew where it was lol

Same here on a ‘12 Escalade. New batteries, cleaned the contact points and I still have to be within 20-30 yards with the remote against my chin. My Silverado worked from at least 100 yards while it was still in my pocket. I’m at the point where I just use the app on my phone to warm it up.

scot moore

Reaction score
My 2008 Acadia has a horrible range on the factory fob. Sometimes I could press a button 100 yards away and the lights would flash, so I knew it got a signal but then it wouldn’t do anything until I was about 5 feet from it. That was the normal usable range. As it was a 2008 onstar app was not an option. I installed a t-harness from idatalink, and a module from dronemobile. The key fob I got has a 3000 ft range, but they had some with a mile or more. The dronemobile unit works as long as there is cell service. While the range on my 2012 Yukon was surprisingly good, it uses the exact same harness as the Acadia did. Since I hated the. Yukon fob and had the harness from my Acadia, I installed it. Takes about 20-30 mins and super easy. Now I have a fob I like and a range that is better than my good factory. Plus I already have a 3 year subscription with dronemobile. So no expenses for my install. I can post what I am using if anyone is interested in this upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins