I'm Really liking the MPG of my 2016 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BMPNUGLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A note - my mileage shot is WITH my Range AFM Disabler installed as well!

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Oh wow that is awesome. It's great to see those rigs getting respectable mileage without the AFM. Other than that is your vehicle completely stock?

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My range device was throwing check engine codes up so I returned it. Do you have the same issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IamZ

Reaction score
Ok I must be doing something wrong. I drove to Hilton Head this past weekend from Atlanta. Roundtrip my average was 19.4.

thebishman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
16K miles on the 2016 SWB Denali. Average of 18.1 mpg from when driven off the lot.
Bish

BMPNUGLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh wow that is awesome. It's great to see those rigs getting respectable mileage without the AFM. Other than that is your vehicle completely stock?

I did the exhaust flapper screw mod to hold the internal baffle open all the time and put Bestline Oil Additive in after each oil change - 1/2 quart (that stuff WORKS!!). Otherwise completely stock.

BMPNUGLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My range device was throwing check engine codes up so I returned it. Do you have the same issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had my Range disabler for almost 3 years now (had it in my previous 15 Suburban first) and I bought my dad one for his new 2016 Denali Super Crew truck....both of us get a engine code once every 6 weeks to 2 months. In the Range literature they say it can throw a engine code once in a while due to all the 'checks' the system does upon startup each time...but they also explain a 'hot shot' procedure to clear the error code. You remove the Range device when the vehicle is still off. Start the vehicle and let it idle for like a minute to 'normalize' all the checks the GMC system does upon startup...then plug the AFM device in while the vehicle is running... the AFM is programmed to send a signal to the vehicle system when it is 'hot shot' installed (plugged in while the vehicle is already running. I've done this a few times and works like a charm! Clears the check engine light within a few seconds!!