I'm finally a Tahoe owner!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got that champion radiator, front weathertech floor mats and a drive belt on their way

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The most pressing issue it the radiator has a leak. I drove it today 50 miles and the engine didnt get hot though, anyway i spotted this on ebay. Lifetime warranty. Anybody use these?

View attachment 195299

Heads up, that extra port under the radiator cap and reservoir line is not needed and will probably come with a rubber vacuum cap clamped onto it.

33b123cd5479d803912c75a5fc444e6e.jpg

I think that the earlier TBI trucks used it for the heater, but to make it “universal” aftermarket companies include it for all years. The cap can (will) crack with heat and can be a leak point.

On my truck, I didn’t know the difference and have an aftermarket radiator in it. I stuck a heater hose on the extra nipple and put a bolt and clamp on the end. It’s been fine for over a year...which is longer than the crappy vacuum cap lasted. There may be another material option, maybe others can chime in.

On my Tahoe, I ordered a Delco radiator that matched the original and did not have the extra port. One less thing to worry about.

Nice truck, by the way. It’s a nice color combination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the radiator info, maybe i can have my buddy weld it up.... that would probably void the lifetime warranty though

99tahoecolorado

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Heads up, that extra port under the radiator cap and reservoir line is not needed and will probably come with a rubber vacuum cap clamped onto it.

33b123cd5479d803912c75a5fc444e6e.jpg

On my truck, I didn’t know the difference and have an aftermarket radiator in it. I stuck a heater hose on the extra nipple and put a bolt and clamp on the end. It’s been fine for over a year...which is longer than the crappy vacuum cap lasted. There may be another material option, maybe others can chime in.

My new radiator also had an extra nipple.. it’s in the to do list.. So I’m all ears if someone has a long term solution.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a compustar 2 way remote start and alarm installed last week.
I have jl hd1200x1 and jl hd 600x4 amp and a 12" w7 that i will have put in at some point. I'm going with hertz mids because thats what my guy sells.

I was very disappointed to find out the rear speakers are 10x4! I thought they would be 6x9

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods