Illuminated Door Sills Installed 15 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbp1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed these Illuminated door sills on my 2015 Tahoe and I seen there was a trend about them so I thought I'd share mine and how easy they were to install. I'll post some pics and try and explain what I did on mine took me about 45 mins to do but that was including me picking up the camera so this should be a pretty simple and quick install for everyone. I bought them off ebay at the link below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Tahoe-...600689?hash=item36020c64f1:g:up0AAOSwymxVOTVx

First thing I did was remove the drivers door sill and B pillar panel and pass side door sill.

Then I removed the new harness that comes with the sills and started installing it. Starting with the ground wire which mounted at the b pillar with a 10 mm bolt as seen in pics.

DSC03046.jpg

DSC03045.jpg

Then I ran the harness up to the drivers side door sill along the factory wiring up the kick panel. Which is were you will get power from the bcm but I first ran the harness to the pass side through the lower dash across the center console to the pass side below the glove box using black zip ties along the way.

DSC03049.jpg

I came out behind this panel and routed the harness over to were the door sill was going to be installed.

DSC03048.jpg

DSC03047.jpg

DSC03050.jpg

DSC03051.jpg

Now back over to the drivers side door sill to get power and put the drivers side on. If you lay in the floor board on the drivers side and look just above the emergency brake you will see the BCM. The plug you need is the gray plug its the left most plug. The wire is the gray wire just below Number 1 if you look at the plug. What I did is different than what is called for but I cut the new pin off the new door sill harness and extended the wire about 5 inches and soldered and taped it due to not wanting to remove the pin and to have a little pig tail for me to get to when I put lighted running boards on later just to make my job easier. Plus I capped off the other side of the new harness. Its all clean and factory looking you would never know anyone had done anything down there.

DSC03053.jpg

DSC03052.jpg

DSC03054.jpg

I then installed the drivers side door sill plugged it up and snapped everything back the same way I removed everything.

DSC03057.jpg

DSC03056.jpg

It matches the interior lighting I didn't think that It would match the way it does now if they would only make some for the rear sills. I hope this helps someone out and if anyone has any questions I'd be glad to help. I got the escalade lights all figured out for the 2015 Tahoe Ill be posting on them in the near future.

Last edited:

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent!

Thank you!

I look forward to the Esky write up.

OP
OP
M

mbp1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem hope this helps since there's no instructions you have to get the technical notes from Gm on the install.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about this mod for my 2006. Found some Denali logoed sills online. But not sure if im,home on,doi,g it for my car yet. Yours looks awesome though!

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Nice write up. Now I wish they made them where it displayed Denali

wu6fiend

Reaction score
Installed the GMC illuminated door sills in my 2016 Denali today. Super easy, probably took less than 30 minutes. It matches the lighting around the climate control area perfectly, and is a really nice addition to the interior.

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the GMC illuminated door sills in my 2016 Denali today. Super easy, probably took less than 30 minutes. It matches the lighting around the climate control area perfectly, and is a really nice addition to the interior.
Where did you get them. Do you have a link? Put some pics up...
Thanks