IAC valve problem? Stutter/sputter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94FSBlazer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Vehicle: 1994 Full-Size Blazer 350 tbi.

Hey guys,
So I've got more issues with my blazer lately...
I was getting some high idle, some stutter under load, and a code 35 (IAC problem or idle error). So I looked around for some vacuum leaks, but I had been working on finding and fixing all leaks for the past 6 months or so. I have replaced all the lines, throttle body gasket, and constantly looking with the carb cleaner method.

I then took out the IAC and cleaned it up. It was not dirty at all. I cleaned it before when I did the TB gasket. -Side note- I may have damaged it. I cleaned it with carb cleaner, which I did not know was not good for it at the time.

Anyway, I decided to just go ahead and replace the IAC valve. I just got one from advance auto. Installed it, and did the simple IAC reset I found on here. Everything got better! At least for a little bit. I was idling better, was not getting a code, and actually got better gas mileage right away. Unfortunately, I did not hook up my scanner before and after this, so I do not know what my IAC was showing.

Well, it all came back, and much worse about 5 days ago. My idle is high, sounding like crap, back to worse gas mileage, throwing a code 35 when idling, and worst of all, i get a bad sputter or stutter when accelerating. Really giving it any kind of gas past 1st gear, I would get the choking throttle. Driving me insane, and really worrying me.

I hooked up the scanner yesterday, and saw that my IAC counts would top out at 79 counts. it would drop without throttle, but would never go above 79 counts, and thats when the problem would occur.
Today, I hooked it back up, and now the max is 63 counts.
Im guessing that I might have a crap part from advance auto, but wanted some more opinions before ordering the AC Delco valve ($50), and just throwing more money at it.
I also plan to replace the connector because one of the 4 pin's cover has chipped off a little bit. Not the actually pin, but some of the plastic "tube" around it.

Let me know what you think. I have attached the screenshot of the data coming in on the scanner when it is hitting the 63 counts. THANKS!!!
aldl 05-16.png

View attachment 81838

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gudmat