I want to delete my muffler on my 5.3 hoe, does anyone have a sound clip of what i have in store?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bacin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 5.3 hoe with a Violent CAI and under-body Ram Air Kit. Does anyone have a similar setup? If so do you have a sound clip or video so I know what to expect? Or can you send me a link to check out the sound.

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can disconnect the exhaust pipe just after the cat that should give you an idea. Basically, it will be loud, raspy and sound like smeared dog crap. If you don't route it out from under your tahoe, it will echo under neath and have drone. If your AFM is not disabled, you wont be able to get it reinstalled fast enough once you hear it in 4 cyl mode.

You can google "straight piped LS sound clip" or something and you might find a video or two. Keep in mind that consumer camcorders distort the sound slightly. Some limit the recorded volume so that it isn't as loud as in person.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I don't have a clip, but I heard what an 05 sounded like. Person deleted the muffler and just welded in pipe where the muffler was, sounded great, Imo. Had a deep throaty burbly sound at idle. I didn't hear it on the road, was a dealer's truck on a lot.

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not do electric cutouts prior to the muffler... that way u have both set ups at the flip of a switch???

LTXtech.com IS my drug...
OWNER/ADMIN

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh it'll sound different alright. Have fun getting pulled over

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not do electric cutouts prior to the muffler... that way u have both set ups at the flip of a switch???

OWNER/ADMIN
Again^^^^

OWNER/ADMIN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14