I Think Someone Took a Leak in my Washer Tank!??!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blown240

Reaction score
I have only had my Yukon for a couple weeks. A week or so ago I used the windshield washers for the first time. It smelled terrible! Like an old sewer. I had the family in the car, so we all blamed it on each other and settled on the 3 year old farting. BUT last night, I washed the windows again, and same smell. This time there was no child to blame it on!

Obviously I need to flush the washer system, what should I use to get rid of the stench?

Thanks!!

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will strip the wax off, so rinse it after running the washer.... you can fill it 1/4 to 1/2 way with vinegar do a few shots the pull the hose off the reservoir and let it drain then rinse it all, truck and resevoir..

TM98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some oily substance in mine when I bought it. Didn't know till it made the pint and such streaky. What I did was use a garden hose and and keep adding water to it to flush it out. After that I added a little dawn and flushed again. Drained then added washer fluid.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
must have been a repo before you bought it, the guy was pissed at the finance company and in retaliation he pissed in your washer reservoir.

I seen all kinds of stuff when I used to repo in Miami, dead fish under the seat , sour milk, bullet holes, you name it I seen it. these guys will do anything to get even.

At least the piss wasn't in the carpets !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC