I need to level her out.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevync

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to level the caddy and keep the airride, what do I need to do?

Looks like someone kicked it in the ass and it never came back down.lol

IMG_20151203_174031.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can modify the ride height links so when it airs up, it stops at the height you want it. They look like this one of mine which has been shortened for my lowered '02 Denali. Yours will be longer. They can be accessed with the rear wheels removed, you'll see them towards the front of the wheel well. Just take some threaded rod the same diameter and thread as what's in there now and you'll have to use your best guess and experiment until it ends up sitting where you want it. Pry out on the plastic ball ends and they pop off, just be careful. Cut the new rod with a Dremel or whatever you have.Unfortunately there's no formula that I know of that would give you an exact length that correlates to your finished height and you have to pull the wheels off each time to try a set. Mine are 2 1/2" c-c on the ball ends but I'm sitting way low. Also, you need to reset the height each time by pulling an air line and letting it drop all the way down, then start it up and let it air up. The air lines have a clip you pull and they pop off. It's a pain in the ass but that's the only way I found to do this. I lowered mine 4" in the rear but the auto ride just raised it back up until I did this. Looking at yours, I'd try shortening the links by 1/2" and see where it ends up at.IMG_4615.JPG

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
btw in front you can decrank the keys will come down about 3/4 of inch

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
loweriing link that low will yank out when you lift the turck up.
The one in the picture is too short; 2 1/2" works fine and won't come out when I lift the truck. You need one way longer anyway. Cost is about $2.00 for the rod plus the time to do it. Even with that kit there's shortened links. That Belltech kit is what I have as well and all they provided me was the threaded rods ( no plastic ball ends) but they were too long so I just made my own. If you want to lower the whole rig though Tony will set you up. This is mine with the Belltech rear kit and spindles in the front.IMG_4323.JPG

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
10x 24 3 inch long machine screw. Cut head off and replace oem rod in rear :)

DaNoobLi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The one in the picture is too short; 2 1/2" works fine and won't come out when I lift the truck. You need one way longer anyway. Cost is about $2.00 for the rod plus the time to do it. Even with that kit there's shortened links. That Belltech kit is what I have as well and all they provided me was the threaded rods ( no plastic ball ends) but they were too long so I just made my own. If you want to lower the whole rig though Tony will set you up. This is mine with the Belltech rear kit and spindles in the front.View attachment 57646

Hi Im new here, so did you disable your autoride? Also, thats the nicest color I've seen on a Denali. Is it liquid vinyl?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Im new here, so did you disable your autoride? Also, thats the nicest color I've seen on a Denali. Is it liquid vinyl?
My autoride is still functional. I tow a trailer occasionally so that was important to me. The color is stock GM, Pewter Metallic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2