I need some logic!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all of the end of year close outs, what are the chances of finding a 17 left over and doing your trade. If you’d be out clean, try to find a 17 left over 0% financing or so. (Next month or January )
At least a rate better than you have now. Push for 10% or better off sticker

Last edited:

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^Agree. Unless you know the person and or dealer, I would not recommend buying any of these trucks used with multiple owners over a short period, nonetheless a 2015. off lease with minimal service records, maybe, but otherwise I'd steer clear. ...just my 2 Cents.

bayviewnick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I like a new car every 3-4 years or so. The only thing “wrong” with your car is that it’s not 4wd. That’s not wrong. I just like and need the option. I would ask the following of the trade, why 2 owners on a car with 40k miles. Personally if I did not need the 4wd I’d keep the devil I know vs the one I don’t. Carfax is only as reliable as the info put into it. I think going backwards is a mistake.

Regarding CARFAX. I fully agree, Carfax is only as reliable as the info put into it. You only see what is reported. Reports are not mandatory and can only be made by repair shops and dealers.

I know this for a fact as I once looked at a car for my daughter. I crawled under it and found abnormalities in the seams of the trunk to side panel seams on the driver's side. When I discovered this, I had the shop manager put the car on a lift. Once there, the used car sales, repair shop and body shop managers all viewed what I found. The body shop manager confirmed that car was impacted on the left rear corner requiring much repair, replacing the left rear quarter but they 'straightened' the floor pan to which he added, 'that should have been replaced also'.

The general manager REFUSED to report it to car fax stating it was the responsibility of the repairing shop to do so not him! (A lie, ANY shop can report damage found but it isn't in thier best interest to do so.)

That car disappeared from the lot that night!

I called CARFAX myself the next day to report what was found and had confirmed. I had pics to prove it. They told me ONLY SHOPS could report damage to vehicles not consumers! I asked they contact the dealer to confirm what I was attempting to report. They refused, citing the dealer will not confirm it if they weren't going to report it as I requested (I reluctantly understand and have to agree with this).

My point? NO dealer is going to devalue a vehicle they want to sell by reporting damage, it lessens the value. Unless forced to do so, no one will report damage to CARFAX. It isn't in their best interest.

In M.H.O., a Carfax report is worthless.

Put the vehicle on a lift and compare all seams, paint, undercoating, and PARTS for age related weathering and wear. Even if you know nothing about auto mechanics, anyone can see new parts, new paint, new undercoating and areas that were replaced or worked. They can't do a factory quality build on a repair in the field especially if they only replace some parts. Accident damage will be located in areas of the vehicle and not encompass the complete vehicle or undercarriage. They have to start and stop somewhere and you can find it, if it exists, if you just look.

It seems 'let the buyer be ware' fits this industry.

Sorry that my answer is so long but I distain dishonesty. I don't wish to generalize but I am talking about the used car industry after all. I apologize in advance to any used car sales personnel that don't fit this mold but I have yet to find anyone that was completely honest and up front so this is what fuels my rant. Thanks for letting me vent. lol

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MY THOUGHT IS THE 15 IS A FIRST YEAR MODEL CHANGE, I MADE THAT MISTAKE BEFORE......... NEVER AGAIN

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP, vehicles come and go all the time, but don’t do this trade.