I need ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already have the Led reverse lights like the ones you posted but they don't really do much. I was thinking maybe instead of Led pods I could do eagle eye leds in the license plate like 05single

The problem is with the stock reverse light lens.
I went from the stock lenses to an LED tail light assembly with stock light bulbs for reverse, and the difference is like night and day.
Then you put those LEDs in the aftermarket tail lights, and it is like having fog lights on the back of your truck.

I don't know what GM was thinking when they made these tail lights for the GMT800, but it cuts down so much on the light from the reverse lights.

I don't care what tail lights you get, as long as you find something you like with clear reverse lenses on them, although I'd stay away from smoked lenses if you want to be able to see.
It will greatly improve the performance of your reverse lights, even if you use stock bulbs.

I like that I don't have anything hanging down below my bumper to get torn off when I go two-tracking.

You could also do the eagle eyes for even more light.
Speaking of eagle eyes LEDs, I should do that on my truck, too!

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aftermarket LED tails for sure.

I ordered the JDM Astar 3157 1200 lumen LED reverse lights.

Amazon link here for the NBS LED lights. $23 Prime.
https://www.amazon.com/JDM-ASTAR-Extremely-Chipsets-Projector/dp/B00NPIUFMM

These suckers are blinding bright. I put the same projector style LEDS in my NNBS in the OEM housings for now. See the pics of how much light is thrown out behind.

View attachment 77024

View attachment 77025
Those look even better on the NNBS.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Aftermarket LED tails for sure.

I ordered the JDM Astar 3157 1200 lumen LED reverse lights.

Amazon link here for the NBS LED lights. $23 Prime.
https://www.amazon.com/JDM-ASTAR-Extremely-Chipsets-Projector/dp/B00NPIUFMM

These suckers are blinding bright. I put the same projector style LEDS in my NNBS in the OEM housings for now. See the pics of how much light is thrown out behind.

View attachment 77024

View attachment 77025
My cousin has jdm astars in his silverado for reverse lights, they are crazy bright. Brighter than my eagle eyes, but mine are in stock tails with fluted lens where his are in crystal clear aftermarket led tails.
Until I get new aftermarket tails it's still undecided which are brighter....or possibly the same output.
Also I'm cheap and my eagle eyes were only $2 :bleh:
But also mine are modded where jdms are pnp. If mine goes out its not a quick fix:nono:

OP
OP
05Zsvntyfun

05Zsvntyfun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that's also why I'm doing the license plate location. It's not restricted by and sort of lense. And if it goes out I'll just unscrew it and throw a new one in. I ordered 20 eagle eyes for all around so I'll let you know how everything goes. The truck is currently at the shop having an alarm and remote start put in [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmeachem

Reaction score
Well that's also why I'm doing the license plate location. It's not restricted by and sort of lense. And if it goes out I'll just unscrew it and throw a new one in. I ordered 20 eagle eyes for all around so I'll let you know how everything goes. The truck is currently at the shop having an alarm and remote start put in [emoji12]

Definitely post pics of the eagle eyes!

OP
OP
05Zsvntyfun

05Zsvntyfun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely post pics of the eagle eyes!

Haha I will. If you want to see how they look go to 05single s page because his truck is where I got the idea! His came out really good

Fleetgeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get any kind of aftermarket tail lights with a clear reverse light lens. That will make a huge difference in the amount of light that the reverse lights put behind you.
If you really want a large amount of light behind you, these LED reverse lights seem to be popular on here.
I have them on my truck, and several other members here have them.

I was going to go with the LED pods before I got these LED reverse lights.
View attachment 77016
View attachment 77014

(They are lighting up the road a good 50 feet down the drive)

I would recommend upgrading those tail light lenses at minimum.

Can I use these as drl ?

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I use these as drl ?
I wouldn't use them as DRL lights. The reviews make them sound like they like to burn out in heavy use.

I bought these LEDs instead.
They are still bright, but the reviews on them sounded better.
I've had them since the end of January, and so far they are OK.

Fleetgeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get any kind of aftermarket tail lights with a clear reverse light lens. That will make a huge difference in the amount of light that the reverse lights put behind you.
If you really want a large amount of light behind you, these LED reverse lights seem to be popular on here.
I have them on my truck, and several other members here have them.

I was going to go with the LED pods before I got these LED reverse lights.
View attachment 77016
View attachment 77014

(They are lighting up the road a good 50 feet down the drive)

I would recommend upgrading those tail light lenses at minimum.
I wouldn't use them as DRL lights. The reviews make them sound like they like to burn out in heavy use.

I bought these LEDs instead.
They are still bright, but the reviews on them sounded better.
I've had them since the end of January, and so far they are OK.

Thank you just ordered them now