I need ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
05Zsvntyfun

05Zsvntyfun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very clean find, ltz wheels are a win on this body style.

Yea save your money and scratch the tb spacer off the list.

I can offer another option aside from rock lights.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/05singles-virgin-build-thread-03-tahoe.79987/page-20
Also a money saver.

Also ditch the drl's and splice in another pair on turn signals in its place along with another pair of switchbacks.

Can't wait to see more in the future :waytogo:
Thank you very much! I'll check that out now. And I did the drls just so they would match everything else but I actually already have two pigtail harness' for the blinkers. I plan on doing that this weekend so I'll post a photo when they're done. Just waiting for my relays to come in!

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Nice, yea I have the full row blinker mod in that same thread too. Applied the same concept to my tail lights.

OP
OP
05Zsvntyfun

05Zsvntyfun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, when I was on break at school I read through everything haha. I'm gonna do the drl mod, footwell lights, tailgate lights, and eventually the rock lights but not the way you have yours set up. I love the way your truck is coming out! I wanna see it lowered haha

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Thanks man!
Yea I've been slackin on getting it lowered. Doesn't even cost that much, just been spending money on the house and vacations to get out of Alaska for a bit lol.
Suspension keeps getting pushed to the back burner.

OP
OP
05Zsvntyfun

05Zsvntyfun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man!
Yea I've been slackin on getting it lowered. Doesn't even cost that much, just been spending money on the house and vacations to get out of Alaska for a bit lol.
Suspension keeps getting pushed to the back burner.
Yeah man I don't blame you. Focus on moving out of there then you can build the truck haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. That Z71 looks super clean and you are already on the mod track. A Black Bear tune will wake up your truck. Either an in person tune or via AutoCal.

http://www.blackbearperformance.com/

I have a write up in my build thread about my experience on my 06 Tahoe or there are plenty of guys on here that will vouch for it and there are a few threads about it here as well.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get any kind of aftermarket tail lights with a clear reverse light lens. That will make a huge difference in the amount of light that the reverse lights put behind you.
If you really want a large amount of light behind you, these LED reverse lights seem to be popular on here.
I have them on my truck, and several other members here have them.

I was going to go with the LED pods before I got these LED reverse lights.
20170105_193728.jpg
20170105_194133.jpg

(They are lighting up the road a good 50 feet down the drive)

I would recommend upgrading those tail light lenses at minimum.

OP
OP
05Zsvntyfun

05Zsvntyfun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. That Z71 looks super clean and you are already on the mod track. A Black Bear tune will wake up your truck. Either an in person tune or via AutoCal.

http://www.blackbearperformance.com/

I have a write up in my build thread about my experience on my 06 Tahoe or there are plenty of guys on here that will vouch for it and there are a few threads about it here as well.
I was thinking about the BB tune but I was wondering if there was any way I could just get a tune done where they send me the programmer to log my data, I send it back, then they send me a tune. Anything similar or do I need the AutoCal?

OP
OP
05Zsvntyfun

05Zsvntyfun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get any kind of aftermarket tail lights with a clear reverse light lens. That will make a huge difference in the amount of light that the reverse lights put behind you.
If you really want a large amount of light behind you, these LED reverse lights seem to be popular on here.
I have them on my truck, and several other members here have them.

I was going to go with the LED pods before I got these LED reverse lights.
View attachment 77016
View attachment 77014

(They are lighting up the road a good 50 feet down the drive)

I would recommend upgrading those tail light lenses at minimum.
I already have the Led reverse lights like the ones you posted but they don't really do much. I was thinking maybe instead of Led pods I could do eagle eye leds in the license plate like 05single

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep