I need help...My last resort with this truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
A 5.3, 6.0,6.2 are all LS Motors. They will bolt right up. Find a pullout from another truck,SUV, or a car that has a LS motor and use it. Keep your heads and intake for a easier build. I am going to get a 6.2 from a Camaro standard shift so I don't have to worry about the AFM and modify my wiring harness. I also may try and put the 6l80e tranny with it as well. Just got to find out what I need to get like the driveshaft and tranny cross member from a donor SUV. I want my Tahoe to run 450hp at the wheels on just motor. Eventually a whipple or procharger will be installed for another 220 or so hp. That would put me over the 600 hp at the wheels...all on pump gas.
On edit: If you do a pullout you will have to get it tuned. Using a LQ9 pullout you should be able to use the existing ECM without any problems.
Not to hijack his thread--BUT--I like your idea. Gonna do a build thread?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Using a LQ9 pullout you should be able to use the existing ECM without any problems.

That's a Gen III motor, right? The OP has a Gen IV motor. He could use the LQ9s block but would need the Gen IV crank and rods and pistons and of course the top end to make it all work. There's a fella on this here forum doing such right now.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot all about some (most?) Silverado/Sierra 5.3s not having AFM. A pullout from a pre-2010 would be a direct swap with no AFM. Just have your PCM tuned to delete the AFM.

@swathdiver, you know the RPO for the GenIV 5.3 with no AFM?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot all about some (most?) Silverado/Sierra 5.3s not having AFM. A pullout from a pre-2010 would be a direct swap with no AFM. Just have your PCM tuned to delete the AFM.

@swathdiver, you know the RPO for the GenIV 5.3 with no AFM?

LH8 (2008-2009) and LH9 (2010+). The latter replaced the former and has VVT. These were not installed in full-size trucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout