I installed E-fans on my 2001

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone noticed a high amp draw from the cooling fans when they turn on. enough that it will stop the fans from cycling on with the a/c? I seem to have more problems from this swap than anyone. I have a DC power 270a alternator so power shouldn't be my issue. could my fans be bad. they are from an 05 yukon and i'm using the nelson harness.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know mine draw alot, but haven't given me any issues at all yet. I'm using a stock 145a alt with a smaller pulley. I wonder what your alt puts out at idle, I know some of the high amp alts put out less than stock at idle and that will definitely cause a problem.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's supposed to put out 200amps cold and 180a hot at idle and 270a max. I've had one of those horrible lagging alts and this one isn't like that. I'm going to move some of my big 3 wiring around and see if it helps. My front ground wire to batt may be the issue.

sy3e6ybe.jpg
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I moved and changed that front ground wire to the side with the efans ground and it seemed to help. Anything to soften that initial hit is what I really need. It's fine once they are running.

evy9ytyh.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

Without the big 3 I'm sure I would have melted some wire by now.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was going to be my next question, which model number fans did you buy. Apparently there are 3 different ones that fit. I remember reading about that on the reviews. I think I bought the 620-653

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the flex a lite fan kit and mine pulls 35 amps with both fans on high.

I'm running a smaller pulley on my 145a alternator and I'm still having light dimming issues at idle when I have everything on (both efans, both ac blowers on high, lights, fog lights, and a small amp).

I really need to go see how many amps im pulling to see if my alternator is just getting weak. As far as I know its original and it has 135k miles.

Last edited:

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a new doorman E FAN unused that I never installed if anyone wants one sold the truck this week and won't be going back to nbs [email protected]

-Garry (01HDtahoeNJN)

PM me how much. I may try another set to see if that is my problem. .let me know if you have a part number.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518