I bought an '07 Z56 today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Jerry, The seats must be a little different on 07 vs. the 11. I came up with a drivers back cover pn# 25863492. they are not showing a number for ebony cloth seat bottom. maybe call your local dealer. 07Burbs idea is good but not cheap. maybe do the junk yard search also.

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also if you want to check the engine hours, put the key in the ignition and turn it once and hold down the trip reset button and it should pop up. For reference mine with 120k miles and 4 years as a NJSP truck has about 8900 total engine hours which beats my Crown Vic with 88k miles with 7800 IDLE hours

OP
OP
Super Sport

Super Sport

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Jerry, The seats must be a little different on 07 vs. the 11. I came up with a drivers back cover pn# 25863492. they are not showing a number for ebony cloth seat bottom. maybe call your local dealer. 07Burbs idea is good but not cheap. maybe do the junk yard search also.

Actually, I'm not even sure what the deal with the front seats are. The drivers seat is pleather and the passenger seat is cloth. The rears are mint pleather. (vinyl, plastic leather, lol)
I'm going to find junk yard seats at this point.

Also if you want to check the engine hours, put the key in the ignition and turn it once and hold down the trip reset button and it should pop up. For reference mine with 120k miles and 4 years as a NJSP truck has about 8900 total engine hours which beats my Crown Vic with 88k miles with 7800 IDLE hours

Good info, thanks.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, I'm not even sure what the deal with the front seats are. The drivers seat is pleather and the passenger seat is cloth. The rears are mint pleather. (vinyl, plastic leather, lol)
I'm going to find junk yard seats at this point.
previous owner needed a new seat for some reason and just grabbed what they found without caring about matching anything. Not much to think about. Is why I said just get a Katzkin kit and call it a day. Will restore the seats, make them match and everyone will be happy.

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^
What's Katzkin pricing like?

I've been looking at the sets below on eBay:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Coverking-Po...hash=item238f5e1574:m:mcPImyIS4OpAY9XcBCfRmxQ

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Coverking-MO...hash=item238f66dc1a:m:mJqjIIBmzOlER62i1rOW5aw

OP's car is 10 years old and a former evidence truck. It has seen heavy duty and a helluva lot of drivers. I wouldn't be surprised if that worn out driver's seat is the second or third driver's seat.

FWIW, my '14's cloth seats are quite worn out and the truck's several years newer.

OP
OP
Super Sport

Super Sport

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I went to a U pick it yard today for a trailer hitch bumper. The fascia came off no problem. 10 bolts hold the bumper beam on. I read a post about a guy changing out a bumper to a hitch bumper, he said the bolts were a PIA, well of course at a junk yard I had breaker bar and a long 1/2" drive ratchet. He was right them bolts are Loctited all the way. I worked at it for quite a bit. It was well worth it. $22.83 paid in full. That's with the plug for the wires. My truck has the body harness with it. Woot Woot. Score :)

badandyturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice score. I bought mine online and it was pricey. But worth the money and hassle to have it oem. I hate when i see an aftermarket hitch added below the bumper.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard and nice find. $6500 is a fair price.
We have had some pretty decent PPVs go for that in the last year. I'm amazed at how rough some are and how high the prices are.
Seat wear is normal, like said, many drivers (right and left handed) probably were in and out of that many many times. My drivers seat has wear through on the left side and my back seat is all pleather. I will eventually replace both. In the mean time, its easy to clean hahaha.
Awesome deal for the rebar to. I think I paid $225 shipped for mine. I couldn't find one for the life of me local.

Solace,
Thank you, that's great info.

badandyturbo,
I'm with you. There's another PPV local to me with one of those Curtis hitch thingies hangin on the back of his. Looks terrible

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need a trailer hitch too for my utility trailer since I can't haul the stuff I could in my 08 Silverado with an 8ft box. I am tempted to use the Curtis hitch since it is cheap and looks easy to put on, but I would probably wished I'd got the factory hitch. Are the OE Tahoe hitches all the same, or is there one specific to the PPV? I'm guessing the rear bumper cover has to come off to install? I also need whatever harness for a 4 pin light?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345