I Autocrossed my PPV!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you probably meant more negative camber. I was just curious as I used to run in the low 40s psi in the Corvette depending on temperature and conditions.
If you decide to do it again sometime, you might chalk the side walls to see just how much rollover you're getting and if you could increase the pressure a little.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tahoe does pretty well autocrossing. They're big, but fun! We've run ours a couple of times:

2v22VSmTexJDYiP.jpg

It attracted more attention than the brand new C7 Z06 and Ferrari that were at that particular event!

OP
OP
Lightning 95

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before I went, I did spend about 5 minutes pulling the heavy aux battery off the left front, and tying a leather glove around the live positive cable. I did notice, with only one battery the starter turned much slower.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While equipped with the second tray, our Tahoe only has one battery, so we've saved weight there. I did replace the second battery in our Caprice with a small Odyssey battery, and moved the AGM full-size on the passenger side to replace the liquid-acid one on the left. If we had a second battery in the Tahoe, I'd probably do that to it, too.

I'll note here that a stock Tahoe PPV will pass scca height-width ratio requirements for solo competition, so there's no worry there. We've run our truck in stock form, and with the 2/3 drop.

The place we have our regular events is the Houston Police Academy, so that place sees a LOT of Tahoe PPV activity.

BotsFD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
While equipped with the second tray, our Tahoe only has one battery, so we've saved weight there. I did replace the second battery in our Caprice with a small Odyssey battery, and moved the AGM full-size on the passenger side to replace the liquid-acid one on the left. If we had a second battery in the Tahoe, I'd probably do that to it, too.

I'll note here that a stock Tahoe PPV will pass scca height-width ratio requirements for solo competition, so there's no worry there. We've run our truck in stock form, and with the 2/3 drop.

The place we have our regular events is the Houston Police Academy, so that place sees a LOT of Tahoe PPV activity.

BotsFD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Might try SCCA RallyX. Autocross on dirt. I ran a ZR2 with several podium finishes against national competition which was mostly Evos and Sti. Probably look interesting going around course with “courtesy” lights going. I gave up SCCA racing. Keep reminding myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSurfer5300

Latest posts