Hydro boost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spearson22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi shane here, 1st ever post....
I have a 2005 tahoe z71 i replaced the hydro boost all went ok exept when i apply the brakes for a split second nothing happens and then the peddle clicks, (after applying more pressure to the peddle ) kind of and sinks, like the peddle drops aprox.1/4" andthen the brakes grab and jerks the car...follwed by normal braking with a feeling of the brakes sticking momentarily...
I have bled sterring fluid, atleast no foam in inside resivore

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

I am going to assume you did not open the brake system at all, correct? You did not say.

What brand booster did you buy?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving clarifying questions from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There seems to be a small part, between the break booster and the piston, so to speak, which comes from the break paddle, which people likely forget and then you have play between the break pedal and the booster or main break cylinder.. Check the old booster, if there is something you forgot to mount..

I remember a thread where someone else had the same problem..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879