Hybrid battery life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nashoba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although ours is a 2008, from what I am reading from the rest of you, I feel like it is so low mileage that I have another 20K or maybe even 40K before I have to worry about the batteries. I hope our luck holds and we are as fortunate as you others who are still trucking along at 140K.

Nashoba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2008 that I bought in dec is at 136,000, but I don't know if the battery was previously replaced. I'm averaging about 19 in town. With the cold weather my yukon only gets warm / charged enough on the 20 minute drive to work to go into autostop right about the time I arrive. I'm hoping the warmer weather in summer will allow it to kick in to autostop sooner.
Hello Jeff. Do you still have your 2008? If so, how is it doing?

YuCanada

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello YuCanada. Do you still have your hybrid? Is it still running well? Just wondered. Mine is now at 111000 and I am still curious about the battery life, etc.

I do. 265000 km with the last 15000 being north of 60 in the Arctic. Truck still runs great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For comparison, I have a 2008 Tahoe Hybrid with 84k miles. I just got it back from the dealer. The hybrid battery needed to be replaced. I'm happy because the warranty on that is going to expire in December. IIRC, the battery changed in 2009. I'm hoping to see improved mpg's. Currently at 18.2 mpg on crappy CA regular unleaded (80% of driving on city streets).

Nashoba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Green Machine, I imagine the cost out there will be more than here in the heartland. Will you be comfortable sharing the cost of the battery replacement with us, even though it is a warranty repair? You may be the first one on this site to have a battery replacement, at least as far as I can tell.

Nashoba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Green Machine, I imagine the cost out there will be more than here in the heartland. Will you be comfortable sharing the cost of the battery replacement with us, even though it is a warranty repair? You may be the first one on this site to have a battery replacement, at least as far as I can tell.

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'd love to share but unfortunately the cost column on my receipt just says "warranty". No prices are listed. Sorry!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DP2024