Husky vs WeatherTech vs GM mud guards Pics inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WeatherTech on rear are much nicer and they are more square and covers width of tires better than OEM or Huskys ones. But if you have power runing board/RPO BRS, you must use Huskys up front since as of right now nobody else make one for they front except Husky

affliction4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks... I have fixed running boards so I was wondering if you had what the front weather techs looked like.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Texas70

Reaction score
Thanks... I have fixed running boards so I was wondering if you had what the front weather techs looked like.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
20170523_193707.jpg 20170522_131647.jpg 20170523_193633.jpg

WeatherTechs on front of my 15' Yukon, hope this helps. Have them on rear also, they definitely help keep a lot of road grime, tar/asphalt off of paint & running boards.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the Husky mud flaps on the Tahoe and can attest to the fact that they saved my ass a few weekends ago when a can of paint fell off a truck and I ran over fresh wet paint on the road. The mud flaps and wheel wells on the left side of my truck are full of paint splatter but thankfully only one single drop got on the paint of the truck itself because of the mud flaps. They did their job that day!

TxChevyz71

Reaction score
Thanks for your review and pictures. I went with the Husky up front and the weather techs on the rear for my 16 Yukon Denali. They seems ok. I don't really like the looks of mud flaps on my ride, but it sure beats the road grime.

Pohlease

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great post. I just can't decided if I want to go with factory painted black or plain weathertechs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxChevyz71

Reaction score
Great post. I just can't decided if I want to go with factory painted black or plain weathertechs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really just a preference thing. If you have retractable running boards like I do you cannot use the factory or weathertech up front. Husky will be your only option.

My friend has the same year Yukon XL as I do and he took his mud guards (huskys) and had them painted. He went on a road trip with his family. 2 weeks later with rock chips they look like crap. I know he had them prepped properly. Not sure what happend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989