HUD modification to 2016 burban LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr Alex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am wondering if I can retrofit a HUD into my collision warning (CWD) cutout. My ?...is the wiring harness for the HUD tucked away near the vent panel and, is the harness for the CWD able to support the HUD? I've seen many posts, but none to specifically address this. I bought the HUD, the switch and the vent dash panel so I can make it look factory. I really don't want to make this project look amateurish.

GTPprix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can indeed retrofit it. There is a user on GM-Trucks.com that did it however we will have to custom program your instrument cluster to drive it otherwise it wont work at all.

OP
OP
Dr Alex

Dr Alex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
looked for the user on GM-Trucks but could not find him. Also, I live in NJ and will not be able to get to Michigan. Any contacts in NJ?

OP
OP
Dr Alex

Dr Alex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can indeed retrofit it. There is a user on GM-Trucks.com that did it however we will have to custom program your instrument cluster to drive it otherwise it wont work at all.
Nevermind, Found the user, Just need a reference in nj to program the cluster

GTPprix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There isn't any. We are the only company that does this you need to ship the cluster in for programming just like he did.

OP
OP
Dr Alex

Dr Alex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK. When I get to that step, I will reach out to you

tomsquad418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So would i be able to add the HUD in my 2015 Tahoe LTZ? All I need is a new windshield, HUD, button and insert for dash, then new cluster and wiring from GTPPrix?