Huck's 2004 Yukon slow build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Nice, I'm jelly I want big wheels.

I think color match the front bumper and valance and a chrome denali style perforated grille insert would be :boobs:
And of course new lights all around.

OP
OP
04Huck

04Huck

"I'd rather be lucky than good"
Reaction score
Dam. That looks good. She needs a cowl hood

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Thanks! Agreed, that's in the plans a little down the road. I'll be starting at a company in 2 weeks that carries cowl hoods for these. Employee pricing ftw lol
Nice, I'm jelly I want big wheels.

I think color match the front bumper and valance and a chrome denali style perforated grille insert would be :boobs:
And of course new lights all around.
I'm gonna leave the bumper chrome, but either colormatch or black the valence, some kind of billet grille and cleared Denali heads/clear corners/new led tails soon. And painted rear bumper plastics after I get a new chrome bumper

Drove it to the grocery store and back a little while ago. Rides and drives great, no complaints. But was concerned how it would stop considering the small brakes these trucks have. I'm sure panick stops would be affected but it's stops just fine, can hardly feel a difference. Will be ugrading to 05+ calipers/rotors when the time comes though.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Thanks! Agreed, that's in the plans a little down the road. I'll be starting at a company in 2 weeks that carries cowl hoods for these. Employee pricing ftw lol

I'm gonna leave the bumper chrome, but either colormatch or black the valence, some kind of billet grille and cleared Denali heads/clear corners/new led tails soon. And painted rear bumper plastics after I get a new chrome bumper

Drove it to the grocery store and back a little while ago. Rides and drives great, no complaints. But was concerned how it would stop considering the small brakes these trucks have. I'm sure panick stops would be affected but it's stops just fine, can hardly feel a difference. Will be ugrading to 05+ calipers/rotors when the time comes though.

05+ or 07+ ?

And I wanna say I've seen tahoes and denalis with those wheels but this might be the first yukon I've seen with those exact wheels.

Last edited:

DirtyBlackHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will be ugrading to 05+ calipers/rotors when the time comes though.

Look into the 07+ brake upgrade. If you already have to buy rotors and such, all that's extra is caliper I do believe...Supposed to be a big upgrade.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
04Huck

04Huck

Reaction score
05+ or 07+ ?

And I wanna say I've seen tahoes and denalis with those wheels but this might be the first yukon I've seen with those exact wheels.

Look into the 07+ brake upgrade. If you already have to buy rotors and such, all that's extra is caliper I do believe...Supposed to be a big upgrade.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I was under the impression that 05/06 is the same as 07+. Maybe not, I'll have to look into it. I know 05+ had 12.99" rotors on the trucks, I've had 3 of them and they stopped great

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I was under the impression that 05/06 is the same as 07+. Maybe not, I'll have to look into it. I know 05+ had 12.99" rotors on the trucks, I've had 3 of them and they stopped great

Only the 05/06 pickups with rear drums had the 13" fronts. No SUVS had them until 07. And, yes, they are the same thing and either will bolt right up to any NBS suv. Also, you need a minimum of 17" wheels.

OP
OP
04Huck

04Huck

Reaction score
So here's a question for you guys. I'm putting on my 2/3 drop next week, but I heard some light scrubbing going through a roundabout this morning.

Is any body running a 285/45/22 on a 2/3 drop? I've still got my stockers I can throw on worst case but hoping I don't have any serious clearance issues

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably just need some light trimming of the inner fender plastics.

OP
OP
04Huck

04Huck

Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking. I'll have some time this weekend hopefully to crawl around and look

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout