How To: Setup Auto Ride for Lifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTSVbecker

Reaction score
Just as a note I did not use any road extenders for auto lift... Just a moved the sensor instead. Took five minutes.

12 Denali AWD, 2.5/1" eBay kit.

Fronts I had to buy a new longer bolt but I pulled the authorise sensor added 12 washers and reinstalled. It's spot on with my original stock autoride.

Obviously I marked it before adding the lift.

The rears I just moved the bottom bracket up the control arm . Have had it on for weeks and it fills and drives like stock. The alignments on the autoride from before and after are still spot on.

I'm sure I'm not the first to do this but instead of changing to a longer rod I just lifted it so it raised the sensor (similar to a longer rod) .

Cheers

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Adam10532

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just as a note I did not use any road extenders for auto lift... Just a moved the sensor instead. Took five minutes.

Fronts I had to buy a new longer bolt but I pulled the authorise sensor added 12 washers and reinstalled. It's spot on with my original stock autoride.

The rears I just moved the bottom bracket up the control arm . Have had it on for weeks and it fills and drives like stock. The alignments on the autoride from before and after are still spot on.

I'm sure I'm not the first to do this but instead of changing to a longer rod I just lifted it so it raised the sensor (similar to a longer rod) .

Cheers

Cheers

Of course that sounds like the fastest way to do it what was your lift ? And how much did you have to more it up ?

Murderavalanche

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I lifted mine with a 7.5" kit. Did away with all air ride, manga ride struts, and put normal rancho shocks on the back with normal struts up front. Installed resistors but still got a service suspension message. Do the ride height sensors still have to be correct. And has anyone used the suspension maxxx under dash module? Worth the money? Rather then screwing with all the sensors

OP
OP
01Konvict

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I lifted mine with a 7.5" kit. Did away with all air ride, manga ride struts, and put normal rancho shocks on the back with normal struts up front. Installed resistors but still got a service suspension message. Do the ride height sensors still have to be correct. And has anyone used the suspension maxxx under dash module? Worth the money? Rather then screwing with all the sensors

Yes ride height sensors need to stay hooked up and stationary or removed with resistors in place. I don't know anyone personally that has used the module but I would go that route to avoid all the resistor wiring.

Adamfreeman625

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I have a 07 avalanche ltz and already did the 2 in front lift but want to lift the rear 2 or so inches as well as add another inch upfront and a body lift. What will I have to do and buy for the rear lift and front. Also can you tell me a good place to get a 2-3 in body lift from?

TN_Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here are the FTS ride height rod extensions. You cut the stock rods then lock in the desired position with set screws. They come two in a bag as a set.
View attachment 167749
View attachment 167750
I need to get a set of four of these for my 2010 Tahoe after I installed the 3.5" front and 2.5"rear lift/leveling kit to correct the service suspension system light coming on. I haven't found them anywhere online.Even FTS website does list them that I could find. Where Do I get them?

OP
OP
01Konvict

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I need to get a set of four of these for my 2010 Tahoe after I installed the 3.5" front and 2.5"rear lift/leveling kit to correct the service suspension system light coming on. I haven't found them anywhere online.Even FTS website does list them that I could find. Where Do I get them?

You have to call FTS directly to order them. They don't show them online anywhere but they stock them.

TN_Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You have to call FTS directly to order them. They don't show them online anywhere but they stock them.
Thanks. I Called and Ordered them the other day. Hopefully they do the trick. May take a bit to get the auto ride dialed in once I have them. I believe I saw on here on another post that the arms are supposed to be set 90 degrees to the frame? Unfortunately I didn't mark them at the stock height position.

OP
OP
01Konvict

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Thanks. I Called and Ordered them the other day. Hopefully they do the trick. May take a bit to get the auto ride dialed in once I have them. I believe I saw on here on another post that the arms are supposed to be set 90 degrees to the frame? Unfortunately I didn't mark them at the stock height position.

Yeah fronts are 90 and rears about 95. Just make them even for each side.

Andrew22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 08 Tahoe LTZ 4x4 and am putting on the Rough Country 3.5 lift. This kit has an upper coil/strut spacer in the front. That spacer doesn’t allow the electrical connector to be plugged back in to the top of the strut because the connector is at a 90 degree bend and is actually inside the new spacer. Has anyone delt with this? Do they make a new connector that is straight up or at a 45 degree angle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter