How to remove rear vent cap appliques?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know these are the Escalade vent caps/appliques, but I remember there being 3 tabs to pull out. They are not straight, but sort of wavy, which is what holds them in place, once that top screw/bolt is removed under the top of the liftgate. Have to pull them straight out, not at an angle. They will groan and creak and sound like you are going to break something, but seriously after a bit of wiggle and pulling, they should come out. There is nothing else holding them in place, just those 3 sets of bent plastic tabs compressed behind the window and body.

@Crcz71

179234-daafbe19b33bb2c875bc716a2974743d.jpg

Crcz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got them off the driver side broke into several pieces. Apparently the the back glass seal was holding four of the shorter tabs. The broke as well and remained stuck behind the glass. After some work i got the esky caps on.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
got them off the driver side broke into several pieces. Apparently the the back glass seal was holding four of the shorter tabs. The broke as well and remained stuck behind the glass. After some work i got the esky caps on.
Great! I was beginning to think a previous owner had glued them on or something lol

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Great! I was beginning to think a previous owner had glued them on or something lol

I bet that window was replaced and they got stuck in the sealant as it dried.... uh-huh.....true story

Crcz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Galante, I’m betting the same thing cause I had to trim the tabs on the esky caps to get it on the driver side. Passenger side was no issue at all. Tony I’ll shoot you a text this evening or tomorrow I appreciate it.

Last edited:

jsoltren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a local recommendation I ordered these vent caps:

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/smooth_rear_pillar_vent_cap_cover/808.aspx

I had a local body shop sand, paint, and install them. The charge for this was just shy of $400 for 3.6 hours of work and 3.0 units of paint.

The caps were a little loose when installed. Upon my request, the body shop secured them in place with RTV sealant.

I went with black, since that's what the newer Denalis use for these caps.

IMG_20180309_095515.jpg IMG_20180309_095545.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
On a local recommendation I ordered these vent caps:

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/smooth_rear_pillar_vent_cap_cover/808.aspx

I had a local body shop sand, paint, and install them. The charge for this was just shy of $400 for 3.6 hours of work and 3.0 units of paint.

The caps were a little loose when installed. Upon my request, the body shop secured them in place with RTV sealant.

I went with black, since that's what the newer Denalis use for these caps.

View attachment 194572 View attachment 194573
So these go on top of your existing vents?

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
So these go on top of your existing vents?
They replace the covers. But has smooth face instead of any type of vents. I seen 1 set in person on a tahoe and I was talking to the owner, was gonna swap with my escalade vents but his didn't fit well at all so I said nah.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the idea to change out my rear pillar vent cap. Can it be done on a 2005 Yukon XL?

I see a complete smooth surface (?), and also one with a thin slit up the forward side.

I don't know what type to get....
And..... what does the vent , vent?? I assume you should not seal it?

( I just bought the 2005 a couple months ago... I love it )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018