How to Order PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bunyfofu69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking at a 2018 PPV custom order. Anyone ever done one? Ive contacted several dealers in my area (California), but they keep pushing discounted 2017 open market models. Anyone have a contact, or a better way to go about ordering? I cant even get a build sheet.

Im eligible for PPV.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Who's in charge here, the customer I hope. Just tell them that you are not interested in a leftover 17 model. And that you are willing to wait the eight weeks for them to build yours. Back in 2012 my wife was buying a new Impala. the dealer didn't have the color that she wanted, the sales manager kept trying to talk her into the metallic black one they had on the lot. Great looking car but not for her. I finally looked at him and said She don't' want a ******* black car. do you understand, she's the one that's going to drive it, not you. He got the message. two days later she had the car that she wanted. Like I said who's in charge here.

rpowell911

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking at a 2018 PPV custom order. Anyone ever done one? Ive contacted several dealers in my area (California), but they keep pushing discounted 2017 open market models. Anyone have a contact, or a better way to go about ordering? I cant even get a build sheet.

Im eligible for PPV.

In our state (Alabama), we, as a government agency (county), are able to purchase off the State Bid list, which anoints one dealer for each model of vehicle per year, or the term of the contract.

As a general rule, that particular dealer is the only one selling, say, a Tahoe PPV for the particular year of the contract.

I'm sure that California is probably different, as I'd hate to traverse from say, San Diego to San Francisco just to pick up a vehicle.

Having said all that, you might check your state's purchasing agency web site, as ours has the current state contract listed, along with the vehicles, costs, and selling dealer(s). That should point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps.

IceIceSilver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As a general rule, that particular dealer is the only one selling, say, a Tahoe PPV for the particular year of the contract.
Having said all that, you might check your state's purchasing agency web site, as ours has the current state contract listed, along with the vehicles, costs, and selling dealer(s). That should point you in the right direction.

So far as I can tell, the only PPV pricing on the California state website is for Ford products. There is contract pricing on Tahoes LS and Suburban LS, but not SSV or PPV.

https://www.documents.dgs.ca.gov/pd/contracts/ContractIndexListing.pdf

rpowell911

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So far as I can tell, the only PPV pricing on the California state website is for Ford products. There is contract pricing on Tahoes LS and Suburban LS, but not SSV or PPV.

https://www.documents.dgs.ca.gov/pd/contracts/ContractIndexListing.pdf

Not sure about the California Contract. You're right, though. It appears to my uneducated eyes that they do not bid the Tahoe PPVs.

Do they use Tahoe PPVs in California, or just the Ford Interceptors? IF they do, you might consider contacting the vendor's agent for the Chevrolet Pursuit vehicles on the contract, and see what he has to say. He may be able to hook you up.

Our vendors per brand change every few years, due to higher or lower bids, but as a general rule, each brand vendor handles all the vehicles within that brand.

FWIW, our current PPV vendor in Alabama is Donohoo Chevrolet, in Fort Payne. They do all the Chevy Pursuit products for Alabama, currently.

Sorry I'm no more help.

Good luck.

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Im eligible for PPV.

Not sure where you are in CA ??. But I use to work at a GM dealer in SF bay area and saw a few PPV's and a even new Fire Dept tahoe roll through a few times !!

PM me and i'll give my dealer contact info

Dave

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the California Contract. You're right, though. It appears to my uneducated eyes that they do not bid the Tahoe PPVs.

Do they use Tahoe PPVs in California, or just the Ford Interceptors? IF they do, you might consider contacting the vendor's agent for the Chevrolet Pursuit vehicles on the contract, and see what he has to say. He may be able to hook you up.

Good luck.

Yes they do lol

69ef8ca7ee8d8faeab89ef053526714d.jpg

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Im eligible for PPV.

The 2018s just started production and deliveries, and its about an 8 week lead time from order. The 18s and 17s have no big changes other than the 18s can receive the lane departure warning and other driver safety packages, but they are not standard. Any particular reason you want an 18? You would be able to get a 17 cheaper and with no real big differences.

OP
OP
B

Bunyfofu69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 2018s just started production and deliveries, and its about an 8 week lead time from order. The 18s and 17s have no big changes other than the 18s can receive the lane departure warning and other driver safety packages, but they are not standard. Any particular reason you want an 18? You would be able to get a 17 cheaper and with no real big differences.
I was told that the 18s have ios5? or the better entertainment console. Is it possible to do an aftermarket install on a 17?

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told that the 18s have ios5? or the better entertainment console. Is it possible to do an aftermarket install on a 17?

Forgot about that, the 2018s do a larger radio screen with a lockbox behind it. I'm not sure if you can install that on the 2017s but it might be possible. We typically upgrade customers who want SATNAV and a larger screen with one of the Rosen OEM options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts