how to make your AC blow harder and cooler.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WiCK3D_SiX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really wish I had seen this sooner. I just replaced my blower motor o_O. Guess its coming back out again. Thanks for the writeup!

Jaycenk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great write up. Just finished mine. Mine was not that bad but it got rid of a nasty smell I had for a since the rains finally came 2 months ago. Had a small pile of rotting stuff in the back lower corner and hair and lent clogging 2 rows up and down on the front side. Gets cooler quicker. Also gave me a good look at the Fresh air door and got to watch it move and found out that it keeps falling open even with no vacume so that will be replaced as soon as I get the part. My A/C should be nice and cold just in time for cooler weather lol.

K-DuB96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Excellent write up! I finally had to replace my blower motor because I was tired of banging on it just to get it going when it wouldn't start up. When I looked at my grate it was fairly clean besides of a couple twigs and leaves. Now my blower works all the time when I turn it on. :rocking:

Skeletoy

Reaction score
Kind of off-topic but fairly related to this thread. Has anyone measured temperatures coming out of their vents before/after? I know it's all subjective to the inlet temp, ambient temp, humidity, etc though. I came across some base line numbers in a repair manual. Mine is maybe a few degrees higher than these numbers. I haven't looked at the evap to see if it needs cleaning or not.

For 1994 Yukon:

Ambient Temp Outlet Temp
70 --------------> 50
80 --------------> 56
90 --------------> 63
100 -------------> 75

nurkvinny

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Because of this thread, I bought new cabin filters and installed them. Man, were they disgusting and looked much like that coil. This was in a mint, exceptionally clean Tahoe. I can't imagine how the filters/coil must look in a Tahoe in a dusty climate or a smoker, or pets, etc.

Jaycenk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does not use vacuum. when 12v is on it it will actuate when power 12v is removed it opens.

Yea I ment vacume from the fan. Since the opening at the bottom inside the truck is not big enough to creat zero vacume with fan on high it pulls the door down and sucks from out side.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Damn good thing I have no ac in my hoe. Not!!!!!! When I get it fixed I will heck this out since it was from sc then it should have slot of crap in it. So it's aroun the same area for the 94?

Jaycenk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn good thing I have no ac in my hoe. Not!!!!!! When I get it fixed I will heck this out since it was from sc then it should have slot of crap in it. So it's aroun the same area for the 94?

Should be the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094