how to make your AC blow harder and cooler.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daytony

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is a cabin filter on the other side of the evaporator coils, all it is 2 pieces of window screen with a plastic mesh in between. I cheated and replaced my evaporator coils when I snapped both AC fittings off in front of the firewall and put a new blower motor in, Im good for a few MONTHS lol

Daytony

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
True, but there is a screen on the other side of the evaporator.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice write up and awesome improvement. My cabin filters actually looked like those coils before I replaced them.

gmcconvert

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey thanks for the write up. went and cleaned mine out after a day out with the family and thinking I wouldnt mind if this thing cooled down faster. shouldve taken some pics but too late now. not really blocked up with dust/grime too bad but a ton of leaves. nice difference.
man you did a good job getting pics of the coils. i was thinking I was just going to look up in there and get a view like your picture. I was impressed with the images as I was reaching in and scrubbing blindly.

XxBIGxTEXxX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i just finished doing all of this and it actually feels as if i had lost power or lost freon... Now to some people they said that after cleaning it out, it felt as if the motor would spit out more power where if u had it set on low, it felt as if it was on hi.. To me it feels as if it lost power.. idk.. Has anyone else had this sane problem or did i do something wrong? i also sprayed OZIUM freshener inside...

HotCarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did this on my '97. I pulled out a lot of pine needles, dirt, hair, and small leaves and other crap. However, after I got it all back together the AC and fan blew just the same as before, no difference... :think:

Ceejkay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did this because i was backing up into the pass side of the truck, removed alot of sand(florida truck),mud, leafs, and hair .Thanks for the write up