how to make fog lights stay on? (not the all on mod)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

fatboyracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NONE of this is what I wanted I just started over re wired last night

I added a new switch and a relay

I took the hot from the ignition ran to the switch that was the coil wire going to the relay
(so hit switch and as long and long as the truck is on relay is hot)

took a hot through the contact on the relay to the fogs

So now I can turn my fogs on and off when ever I want, and they will turn off with the truck off

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NONE of this is what I wanted I just started over re wired last night

I added a new switch and a relay

I took the hot from the ignition ran to the switch that was the coil wire going to the relay
(so hit switch and as long and long as the truck is on relay is hot)

took a hot through the contact on the relay to the fogs

So now I can turn my fogs on and off when ever I want, and they will turn off with the truck off

Wut?? You can already turn your fogs on and off whenever you want with the factory fog switch and they already automatically turn off when you shut the truck off. You're not explaining something right because nobody that read this thread understood what you were trying to accomplish, according to you.

So what's different now? I'm asking what can you do now that you couldn't do by using the factory fog light switch before?

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

EDIT: So I reread your last post and it seems you did exactly what I told you to do. You ran a wire from the fogs to an ignition hot source and put a switch inline. The only thing you did different was install a relay. It still works the same as I said it would.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a solution for a non existent problem..

oufuh.jpg

@Clean07Burb @fatboyracing

OP
OP
F

fatboyracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's different is with my factory switch fogs are always off unless turned on after that they are only on until you turn the truck off next time you drive they are off I have to remember to turn them on

With the new setup they are in the last state of driving
Wut?? You can already turn your fogs on and off whenever you want with the factory fog switch and they already automatically turn off when you shut the truck off. You're not explaining something right because nobody that read this thread understood what you were trying to accomplish, according to you.

So what's different now? I'm asking what can you do now that you couldn't do by using the factory fog light switch before?

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

EDIT: So I reread your last post and it seems you did exactly what I told you to do. You ran a wire from the fogs to an ignition hot source and put a switch inline. The only thing you did different was install a relay. It still works the same as I said it would.

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's different is with my factory switch fogs are always off unless turned on after that they are only on until you turn the truck off next time you drive they are off I have to remember to turn them on

With the new setup they are in the last state of driving

Hmm, well good job rewiring them the way you wanted, but it seems much easier to just remember to turn them on. Lol

So when you turn the truck off and the fogs turn off, next time you start the truck they automatically come back on since they were on the last time you turned your truck off?

kenyon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hmm, well good job rewiring them the way you wanted, but it seems much easier to just remember to turn them on. Lol

So when you turn the truck off and the fogs turn off, next time you start the truck they automatically come back on since they were on the last time you turned your truck off?

That is what he said...
I get it.
I have wondered why the fogs are reset to "off" every time the truck is turned off. I want mine to stay "on" unless I turn them off.

Would the OP please be include a picture, or more specific description of what you did please?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
That is what he said...
I get it.
I have wondered why the fogs are reset to "off" every time the truck is turned off. I want mine to stay "on" unless I turn them off.

Would the OP please be include a picture, or more specific description of what you did please?

We have seen this same question in regards to the traction control. Some guys always kill it unless it's raining or whatever (saves a little gas, I hear). They just hate having to hit the button every time the start the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu