how to make fog lights stay on? (not the all on mod)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fatboyracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to make my fog lights stay on after turning them on

so if I turn them on then shut the car down I want them back on when I come back on when I restart

I dont care if they go off when the highs come on I just want the fog switch to be like a latched type switch and note momentary

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a bunch of threads on TYF that show how to do it. I'll try and search for them..

OP
OP
F

fatboyracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking at adding the diode they would come on when the lows are on

this is not what I want

I am looking to be able to turn them on and off I just want it so if I have them on I turn the truck off they would come back on the next time I turn the truck off

in the same way if they are off they would only come on when I turn them on

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That's the six high mod, Nate. That's not what he's looking to do. At least not if I'm understanding him correctly. It seems to me that he wants his fogs to come on each and every time he turns his truck on. The only way I would know how to do this would be to wire your fogs directly to an ignition hot signal. That way your fogs would automatically be triggered to come on every time the key was turned to the run position, whether the truck was actually running or not, they'd be on. Although, wiring them this way would essentially be like the six high mod. This means the fogs would remain on even when you clicked your high beams on. Is this what you're looking for or am I not getting what you're trying to do?

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is impossible mod unless your a electronic engineer and build a control box.

Why couldn't you do what I suggested and simply wire the fogs to an ignition hot so they automatically come on each and every time the ignition is turned on? In fact if he did this, but still wanted to turn them off sometimes, he could even install a toggle switch in the wire running from the fogs to the igntion hot signal. That way he could turn them off if he decided he didn't wanna run them for whatever reason. Am I right here??

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

OP, just curious why you want them to come on automatically instead of just turning them on each time you start your truck via the fog light switch?

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He could, but he still wants to manually control them with out "manually" controlling them.

Honestly. He just needs to stop being a lazy.... And turn them on when he starts the truck.

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He could, but he still wants to manually control them with out "manually" controlling them.

Honestly. He just needs to stop being a lazy.... And turn them on when he starts the truck.

I agree he should just use the damn factory fog switch. That's why its there. But, anyway, he could still manually control them by doing what I said and adding his own hidden toggle switch in the fog to ignition hot lead. This would accomplish EXACTLY what he's looking to do, but its kind of silly because the factory fog switch ALREADY does this. Kinda weird what his reasoning for wanting to do this would be if you ask me....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cvaldez224