How to install DDM HID kit on low beams w/ relay harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrandonH13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I asked the seller and he has the shield picture was a H4. I went ahead and got the h13 hi/lo kit. Now I have a real tech question. On my regular bulb the back filament was burnt out which was when I clicked over to hi beams. So I would assume that was the hi beam filament. But now with my hids would it change?

OP
OP
vt_hokie2008

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HIDs don't actually get brighter when you switch to high beam. The bulb's position itself is changed to make the beam shoot higher.

BrandonH13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HIDs don't actually get brighter when you switch to high beam. The bulb's position itself is changed to make the beam shoot higher.

Well yeah they are the bi-xenon, so the high beam is a halogen part. So if they are backwards (like I suspect) then when we turn on the high beams they would actually be the "low beams" and look brighter because its actually the HID bulb instead of the halogen. Do I just need to try and flip the connection, I am guessing its wired wrong.

Also what way should the little bar be at? On my accord they are pointed down

BrandonH13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I really took it apart and looked at it right now. I hope someone can answer me before I have to put it back together in a couple hours.

When I click on the hi beams, the bulb moves out and when in low beam its in. I hope that makes sense. Also the wiring harness I have, if your looking at it where the place that it clips in the wires go white, black, blue. Maybe I need to switch out the blue and white because it seems like its backwards to me.

When I turn the high beams on, the headlight level goes down and when I flip them back to "lo beam" the light pattern raises, so that makes me think they are backwards.

PLEASE HELP, the vendor is not helpful at all

OP
OP
vt_hokie2008

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I really took it apart and looked at it right now. I hope someone can answer me before I have to put it back together in a couple hours.

When I click on the hi beams, the bulb moves out and when in low beam its in. I hope that makes sense. Also the wiring harness I have, if your looking at it where the place that it clips in the wires go white, black, blue. Maybe I need to switch out the blue and white because it seems like its backwards to me.

When I turn the high beams on, the headlight level goes down and when I flip them back to "lo beam" the light pattern raises, so that makes me think they are backwards.

PLEASE HELP, the vendor is not helpful at all

It sounds like it's backwards then. When you switch to high beam the level should go up. The bulb does indeed go in/out for hi/low, one way focuses the beam more and aims it up a bit for hi and the other is the exact opposite. Hope that helps.

BrandonH13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah they are backwards. I looked up the wiring for the stock socket. Then found a site that had what the blue and white were for the HIDs and they are indeed backwards. The vendor sent me a new harness and that one would of been backwards to, but it has 2 little boxes that is suppose to stop the flicker when they start up. Only problem is that they sent the harness and then an extra 2 little things and said I should know how to attach it.....um nope the harness I understand but not the other

DWebPro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you use single or dual relay? Error eliminator or adapter cables? I am about to place an order and these options I am not sure what to select. Thanks!

OP
OP
vt_hokie2008

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you use single or dual relay? Error eliminator or adapter cables? I am about to place an order and these options I am not sure what to select. Thanks!

I just used the relay harness from them, so I'm not sure which it was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy