how to fix squeeking rear doors.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
No none of that works you need the remodeled hinges they're plastic coated.

I have a pair if anyone needs them. NIB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Joad

French V8 lover.
Reaction score
My rear driver door was squeeling I sprayed some Lithium white grease on the hinges without sucess. Then I noticed the sound was coming from higher : it was the upper rubber part of the door seal that was rubbing the weatherstrip on the body. I sprayed some grease both on the dorr angle and the weatherstrip and now my door doesn't make any noise anymore.

Last edited:

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
My rear driver door was squeeling I sprayed some Lithium white grease on the hinges without sucess. Then I noticed the sound was coming from higher : it was the upper rubber part of the door seal that was rubbing the weatherstrip on the body. I sprayed some grease both on the dorr angle and the weatherstrip and now my door doesn't make any noise anymore.
i spray mine with silicon every couple months, works fine

D is for DENALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the squeal on the rubber trim on top of the rear passenger door... sprayed silicon spray, lasted for about a month and eventually came back...

I didn't want to cut into it so it's just one of the things I do when i detail the truck, spray the hinges and hit up that door..

My little squeal comes from the front top corner of the door sliding on the rubber as the door closes, its not a big deal as it only does it in the summer...

Tom Joad

French V8 lover.
Reaction score
I had the squeal on the rubber trim on top of the rear passenger door... sprayed silicon spray, lasted for about a month and eventually came back...

I didn't want to cut into it so it's just one of the things I do when i detail the truck, spray the hinges and hit up that door..

My little squeal comes from the front top corner of the door sliding on the rubber as the door closes, its not a big deal as it only does it in the summer...

Yes, that's exactly my issue. This noise is very boring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan