how to fix squeeking rear doors.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
alacran

alacran

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Urnamehere it's so f$cking embarrassing here I am putting in cai's LEDs tiniting my lights blacking out bowties installing new balances and my hinges are shit and make all these annoying noises and movements... Is it safe to say I should ask for 04-06 hinges?
maybe it did come out of a 04 to 06. The arms are made of plastic if that helps

hahaha i have the same problem. sometimes mods are more of a priority than a noisy door
its ok to play with the hoes and here alil noise when you open the rear.just at some point yout gonna have to shut them up.lol

DCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2001 Suburban. The rear passenger door stoppers make terrible popping and screaching noises when opened and closed. I got this part number from the dealer. It's called a "link". Part # 19209020.

81X11

Reaction score
Just nabbed some of these at the salvage yards for my 2001 Denali. Great fix, thanks for the write-up.

Just to share, when I went to pull the link/stopper at the junk yard, I noticed that it said RH/RR on it....for right-hand, right-rear. The truck was missing the driver's side rear door, as were the other three Tahoe/Burbs in that yard...the did all have passenger rear doors though.

Since I could not find another truck with the driver's rear door still attached, I went to a 2nd salvage yard, found one, removed it, paid more for it (not a Wrench-A-Part yard)and then getting in my truck compared the two parts and slapped my forehead...when you turn it over, on the bottom side, it says LH/LR on it.

Doh!

So yes, it's the same part for both sides...you just have to turn the part over and not be a moron like me.

-Mike

ebxgsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is this what is needed for just a squeaky door? mine isn't popping (at least i wouldn't call it popping). the door opens & closes fine, but it's squeaky like a squeaky door in a house.

i thought it might need some lithium grease, but i haven't gotten around to trying grease yet.

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
need to do this ASAP. its like 100000000x worse whenever it rains.... another thing for the list

DCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The old design is metal that wears out, grinds, squeaks, and/or pops. The design was changed to a hard plastic. You can try a thick grease but most likely temporary.

mattluttrell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to get a ton of grease in there and stop the squeak. It might prevent that rust too. (Although I bet I might have it also.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442