How to do the 4 or 6 high mod on an 03-06 full size truck for $3.00

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the diodes to do the mod, but I want to do something I have not seen mentioned... I want my parking lights on anytime my truck is running. I would also like my DRL on anytime the truck is running. What do I need to jump with the diode to make that happen?

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like you could just wire the parking and DRL together. If you put the diode in, it would only work one way or the other. Not both.

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YI converted my DRLS to Amber running lights and covered my photo cell, on top of the full time fog mod. Now I have full time, full auto: Lows, Running lights (w/Amber DRLs), Projectors, and Halos (w/leds) that I wired to the running lights and blinkers, so they blink as well. I can still control my lighting: Full time, full auto with "Off", "Parking only", Parking w/ Fogs", and the 8 - Hi mod (if you count the DRLs).

I converted my DRL to amber too, but I want them on when my parking lights are on, or if I don't turn on the parking lights to function 'normal'.
Can you explain to me how to make that happen?

xDan

Reaction score
Why make DRL's amber? DRL's don't output a whole lot of light vs low beams anyways so why remove the functionality of DRL's to have them on all the time?

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cause I like the look of the DRL being amber and on with parking lights, all the time... unless it is dark and my headlights are on, then I want the DRL off...

BentleyArnage

Reaction score
Brought over from TF.com
looks like the first mod, aside from the trailer brake install. I have the harness, but it won't fit where it says it goes. And the controller doesn't work. Which may be from the accident. If it got wet, I'm sure it's junk.

WholemealDrop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hate to bump an old thread but wondering if anyone has accomplished this: fogs/DRL/park lights all the time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts